Passenger side sliding cupholder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger side slide in/out cupholder won't stay in. Any tips?

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and mine won't open unless I remove the rubber protector above it and pull it out. I'm sure in either case it's a broken clasp or something but would love to read the responses.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull up on the air vent /slider rectangular assembly bit

You can remove the whole slider thing in one piece to look at it by removing the rectangular plastic bit that it and the air vent are formed into.

Pull firmly from the bottom - on the rectangular plastic surround, (not the slider). At the top of the rectangular surround, there are two plastic fingers that slot into the dash pad so do not try pulling from the top.

The bottom of the rectangular surround is held by those V shaped metal clips LR loves to use - that is what you will be dislodging when you pull from the bottom and tip upwards.

Once off, then you can see what makes the slider thing function, or not. Also if you are looking for a small area to hide things ....

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent video. I got the component out and identified the problem. There is a dislodged small plastic drum, which I assume goes inside a similarly sized metal coil. I couldn't figure out a way to take the part apart any more, so I'm wondering - do I just order a new part or can this be fixed?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99