Perplexed- heated windshield and steering wheel inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New bout of LR fun. After my traxide install, and associated removal of start stop goodies, my heated windshield and steering wheel do not work.

The lights turn on when activated and the fuses are still intact, but no windshield defrosting, nor toasty hands.

I am thinking relay; ground behind the kick panel; or one of the three wires (VBATT2, B SENSE, and LIN) that are no longer connected.

Or.... something completely unrelated...

Anyone have any ideas? Nothing else seems to be affected. However, my Tymate TPMS displays 15.1v from its position in the cigarette outlet when idling.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a handful of vehicle operations that disable the ECO system, A/C running, heater, etc. My guess is that the steering wheel heater and windshield defroster are related to the system and run through something you've disconnected. That being said, I don't have any suggestions for you because you gotten far deeper than I have with the ECO. I've been eagerly following your Traxide journey so far to gain more insight. Good luck.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I did have 12v running to the "VBATT2", but disconnected the inline fuse when the light was still on. I may try putting the fuse back in and trying again, and I also may try adding another 12v lead to the "BSENSE" terminal.

There were also two ring terminals on the stud that you ground the traxide kit to behind the kick panel---i have no idea what vehicle system those two ring terminals ground. They may not be grounded well enough.

Looks like I may be purchasing another week of topix....

There are a handful of vehicle operations that disable the ECO system, A/C running, heater, etc. My guess is that the steering wheel heater and windshield defroster are related to the system and run through something you've disconnected. That being said, I don't have any suggestions for you because you gotten far deeper than I have with the ECO. I've been eagerly following your Traxide journey so far to gain more insight. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV