Picked up an '06 LR3 SE dealer loaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dugedug

Reaction score
There are actually two buttons. The one that everyone is referring to is opposite the one that sticks out, and is flush with the bracket; which is why you really need a quarter or strong finger nail to push it in. You have to somehow push both buttons while pulling-out the headrest-physical pain and dexterity is required unless you have someone else pull the headrest.

AHHHH!!! Thank you. Now that makes sense.

nickwest

Reaction score
Tire ware

make sure you get the dealer to replace the tires before you get to 15,000 miles for the tire ware issue also have them perform an alignment. This should all be covered under warraty. If you get to 15,000 miles and have not done this it will be at your cost. See the discussion about tires located in the forum. Also I bought the Kumho that other LR3 owners reccomended and love them. The car is quiter and rides a ton better and they only costed me a total of $590 to get installed with an alignment.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Third: If you have the factory roof rack, do you need the crossbars? I'm looking at adding the rack but dont' want to purchase the crossbars if they are unneeded.

The factory roof rails are horrible. Very weak and they have a low load limit. I highly, HIGHLY, recommend the Yakama system. Yakima's are very versitle, good looking, and last forever. Check it out:

Attachments

• DSCN0706 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0706 (Medium).JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 122

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrat's on going the LR community!

The G4 roof rack is very cheezy, save your money and go with a alternate system. I have a Hannibal rack for off roading, using Thule load bars. I also have a Yakima Skybox that clamps to the Thule bars for more freeway oriented touring. Yakima also makes a roof top basket/rack system that works well if you are looking for something cheaper than the Hannibal (from Atlantic British).

The brakes and tire wear issue are well known. Most people are replacing pads at around 15,000 miles and some have had to do rotors also. The LR3 is a heavy beast.

The tire issue is due to bushings that wear our quickly and change the camber settings. I HIGHLY recommend spending the $60 to get your alignment checked frequently and often. It will save you lots of money in tires.

Tires: The factory Goodyears are exactly that, good for one year. Budget for a decent tire soon, especially if you are going to take your truck off the tarmack.

If you are in SoCal, check out www.sclr.org and come out and have fun with us. Pismo is coming up, you will love it!

Regards,

NW

dugedug

Reaction score
Yeah, I was just up at Pismo 2 wks ago and am going up again next Weds.

IMGP0227.jpg

We've only owned the LR3 for 2 weeks and have put over 2k miles on it.

I've already been researching the next tire purchase. Maybe by time I'm ready for a set they'll have the MTRs here in the US and in 275/60-18".

I'll probably end up going with the British Pacific roof rack. I need to head down there and get dimensions to see if the car will still fit in the garage with it on though. Probably get the matching light protectors if they have a decent mounting system to them.

I think I saw a couple of the AV SCLR.org guys pass by me on the 138 heading back from Santa Barbara this past saturday, musta been going to the BBQ?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I saw a couple of SCLR.org guys pass by me on the 138 heading back from Santa Barbara this past saturday, musta been going to the BBQ?

That seems likely. Nice beach shot, looks like you a bit over inflated though. I can't run anything more than 15psi at Pismo without sinking.

What's your name? Hope to see you at the next SCLR event!

91845695-L.jpg

dugedug

Reaction score
Names Doug. We may stop by when you all are at Pismo next month. I'll have to see how the rest of this month goes.

I don't have a compressor yet so I stayed close to the strip.

dugedug

Reaction score
Couple pics of Sequoia NP from this past weekend I thought I'd share. Put on 3k in the last 3 weeks tooling around.

IMGP0290.jpg

IMGP0291.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635