Please Help a Newbe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sdyer1357

Hi, i am thinking of buying a 1996 RR SE 4.0 It has179k on it and has the spring shocks. I have driven it and it has a few problems. First of all it seems to drive well and smooth, Nice on and off the road. Breaks are good. But the drivers side door is locked shut, Wont open from the inside or out. The guy says it needs a new door latch?? also when i tryed the ac i set the temp to 62 on each side and it blew cold out of the drivers side but warm on the passenger side. Radio seems to be lit up but nothing there but ------- ? . The guy will take $2000 coz he is tired of working on it and has two brand new trucks. He says that it also has a small coolent leak in the gaskit, but the deeler said that it would be ok for another 60,000 miles and to keep an eye on the coolant level. What do you all think?? Like i say it feels good and i am just looking for a truck to pull our little popup camper. Thank you all for reading and helping Steve

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but with the issues you are stating I wouldn't go more than $1500. Door Latch is probably a very minor issue. A/C will be either a vacuum leak or a major dash tear down. Radio could very well be bad. Coolant leaks of any kind are never good, where is the leak at, if a headgasket... then I wouldn't drive it long, if it is a intake manifold gasket is should be ok. If a water pump gasket, then change it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM