please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvin

Reaction score
can you tell me how much oil goes in it plz. the Traction Control and Hill Descent lights coming on when doing effort. difficult to shift to 4th and 5th. but when on flat road everything ok. i noticed when it heats up it has the same problem. going for a diagnosis tomorrow. the problem is that i am from Mauritius Island and parts are difficult to find here

Shermie

Reaction score
The Jatco box will consume between 4 and 5 quarts when fully drained. The service procedure is very specific. I can send you via e-mail the information as I own a copy of RAVE that has all of the Freelander manuals up to 2003.

melvin

Reaction score
thx shermie
my mail
[email protected]
can you give me a list of oil thant can go in the jatco plz. very hard to find specific oil in my country
thanks a lot

Shermie

Reaction score
Some people have used Transmax2 as oOther Japanese cars that use Jatco's specify that one. But it sounds like your transmission is failing. Freelander Jatco's will almost always start to lose 4th and 5th gear when they are about to fail completely. Then the 3rd gear goes and so on.... As the Jatco has no dispstick, it's not a trivial procedure to properly top-off a Jatco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM