Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty951

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2012 lr4 just did a valve job on due to timing chain jumped new timing chains a all the goodies that go bad replaced. Now that it is all back together it turns over but will no start. Seams to have gas at the rails can any one help me.

Thank you
Scott

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's such a wide open question it's hard to know were to begin. There are many youtube videos on this and IIRC on one of them he did not put some of the connectors back correctly and it caused this no start issue that deviled him for a while. Might want to go through all the electrical connectors again.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we need a little more information to go on? Did the battery drain whilst doing the repairs? start small first....could be anything from that to it not being timed correctly?

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WAG, but I do remember a poster on here who did the job and had two connectors near the rear of the intake IIRC plugged in incorrectly. Evidently same connector was used in two nearby locations. Once he swapped those, the truck fired up.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember that plug switch situation as well. I think one plug was the manifold diverter. Can’t remember what it was swapped with …. maybe the MAP sensor?

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course, the more basic question is whether the valves got damaged when the timing chain skipped. OP - was the engine still running after the timing chain skipped? Did you check for valve damage?

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on the above...my gut reaction is that if the timing chain skipped, more than likely you have some valve/head/piston damage. But, perhaps if the skip is only 1 tooth you may be fine.

Easy way to check is to run a compression check of the cylinders.

That said, if it's the wiring harness....that's the easiest to check, and I'd start there!

Jhgrn3

Reaction score
Make sure the plug for the fuel pressure regulator at the rear of the r/s rail is connected. Easy to miss because of the location.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA