Portable air compressor/Tire inflator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

nkta

I am looking for a dependable, heavy duty and compact 12v & AC portable air compressor for the tires. Any recommendation?
Thanks.
Nick

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an ARB unit mounted on the inner fender of my D2. I plan on installing the same in my LR3. I don't know of a combined AC/DC unit. The ARB unit was nice as it included the wiring haness and switches. You'll need to buy extra fittings and hose to route an outlet to a bumper. I ran the hose along the frame and ended with a quick dis-connect at the rear receiver. I kept a 25ft coil hose in my offroad kit bag. For the on/off switch I used a criuse control switch and mounted it in the center of the dash among the other switches.

If you mount a unit. Post some comments on what you did.

N

nkta

Thank you for the ARB suggestion. I contemplated installing it, but want something that is portable for other uses.
R/Nick.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't go cheap. Tires with the interior volume of the LR3 or any other SUV will require a lot of air to refill, and you'll burn out a cheap compressor in no time.

N

nkta

Thanks for all the suggestion and ideas. I was concerned about the pump capacity and the likelhood of burning the cheaper pump. ARB is making a portable one now. I probably will do the airtank too.
Again, much appeciate your inputs.
Happy trail!
Nick

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer