Problem when locking the car.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
The problem is the same when using the fob button or handle button but today I found out that when using the fob button and pushing the lock twice really fast it works if I repeat it like 2 or 3 times.
Once it locks the right way I can unlock using the fob and lock it gain with no issues but if I open any door and close it the problem will come back. Then I will need to double click like 3 times to lock it again the right way.
When I say the right way is the lights will blink once, the side mirrors will close and no beep will happen.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so try standing next to each door and the trunk/boot. Do you get the same results each time when locking with the button and key?

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Today I found out that the sensor on rear door passenger side is the one not working properly. I did place my hand on each door handle and all of them open instantly when I touch the handle but the one on the rear passenger side is not working.
Does anybody knows how to fix this, any input it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George,

Georgemera1

Reaction score
I did the hard reset and things got worse, before all doors where locking when using the key fob, it was beeping twice not closing mirrors but at least all doors where locking. Now the 2 passenger side doors are not locking either way, the only way they lock is when I turn the car on and manually lock the doors using the front passenger side lock button then I turn the car off, step out and using the key fob the car locks all doors the right way closing the mirrors at the first click.
At this point I'm going to bring my car to the dealer hopping the can help me and fix it.
Any other ideas, please let me know.

LR4 2011

Reaction score
I had this problem also when I bought my Lr4 2011 used. Long story short, I found all doors locked but the one that did not work (front passengers side). I replaced the electronic locking mechanism in the door and the issue never occurred again.
PN:LR091350 rt front door

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Battery is like 4 years old, Can you guys recommend which brand and type battery will best to replace it with?

George,

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Replaced the battery today and the things didn't change, locks on passenger side doors don't work correctly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut