Problem with LED trailer lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my trailer lights with some LEDs and have a few strange symptoms. The lights perform all the required functions just fine, but always have a faint residual flashing on the bulbs that are not actually performing. When I turn the truck off, the lights will flash, very faint, for about 2 minutes and then shut down completely.

The LEDs draw very little power, so I'm not particularly concerned, but I am curious if anyone else has experienced the same.

Thanks.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the small voltage pulses are sent through the electrical system to detect if any light bulbs are blown. It's a problem common with other brands as well, not just Land Rover. Regardless, the effect on LED trailer lights is the same, ranging from faint flickering to full blown blinking of trailer's parking lights, turn signals, etc. In addition to trailers, this issue can also affect other LEDs installed on the car, such as aftermarket ones in the rear light clusters.

There is no solution currently available from Land Rover, they only recommend replacing LEDs with incandescents (the bulb failure monitoring system should be revised on MY2010s to make it compatible with LEDs), and resistors have worked for some but not for others. A company in Australia has come up with a module to fix the issue, but it's not cheap: http://www.labtronx.com.au/page2.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90