Problems with steering wheel surface

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew888

Reaction score
Also in Anaheim btw, 10+ years ago MBZ had similar shoddy service but I watched them grow over the years and it was very interesting to see a constant change for the better.

As it is now, you make your appt., as you pull up they already id you and welcome you by name, put the tag on your car and walk you to your service writer. 5 min. wait, I get in to speak my peace with all that I want resolved and he simply just takes notes. 10min later I'm handed an estimate and walked out to an MB loaner (that I have never paid for-ever) with the engine running and door open. Priceless...and like cable TV...once experienced it's really hard to go back.

Some just continue to strive and some don't get it.
Because of the inconsistant service at LR in Anaheim my wife is considering turning it in at lease end and going for the GL.
She buys the SUV and I the car so I don't have much say :(

All in all though (dealership aside) we have loved owning this truck, and I'll be trying hard to persuade her to lease another.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer is telling me that the steering wheel is only covered for 12,000 miles as it is "trim." Any one else get this line? I am sitting in the dealership right now.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Demand to see the full printout of the TSB on the steering wheel. If they can't find it, you can go to the GTR website yourself. Then I would charge the dealer for having to do their job for them.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Demand to see the full printout of the TSB on the steering wheel. If they can't find it, you can go to the GTR website yourself. Then I would charge the dealer for having to do their job for them.

So I decided to speak to the service manager. I told him that I have about one of the most used and abused LR3s he has probably seen. However, I have owned many luxury vehicles, like Audis, etc., and none of them has ever had the steering wheel start bubbling after 2.5 years, or 7 years for that matter. And, I am certain that I did not scrape it against a rock in Moab or a tree branch in some national forest! He said he would look at it.

So I sat down at the TV waiting area, and this woman sat next to me and told me she has the same thing on her LR3 after 26,000 miles!

The service manager returned a little while later and said no problem they would cover it. Then I pointed out to him that this woman also had the same problem, so he might as well order 2!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9