Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine cooling fan engaged during start up. The fan has an electronic control clutch. Check for code, you may not have engine light but the computer maybe holding a code.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check code as soon as my IID arrives from Island 4x4. Ordered 12/24 was due to ship 1/4. Received a note I was dispatched yesterday. They are VERY slow to respond to inquiries.
I want order from them again.

Now PowerfulUK. Spot on quick ship I've received packages in 2-4 days once ordered.

@samnt650 - Should it NOT kick the fan on cold start? If so, could the dealer have made a mistake with replacing the A/C and condenser? Or maybe the belt is loose,worn? Thanks

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately IDK how the computer control the fan clutch. You would think it should be thermo related but I have seen it engaged under different circumstances.

777AIA

Reaction score
Anybody found a reset method for 2008 LR3 fog lamps refusing to go on (but illuminated on dash)?? Thanks for any replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hollygcape

Reaction score
Alright, so I have a 2005 Land Rover LR3 V8, 110k miles. About a month ago the car completely dropped, started throwing an amber suspension light, bounced all over the place so we took it to a local dealer, apparently it was the compressor and a small air leak. Both were fixed. On our way to the dealer the radiator blew (just our luck), so the car was towed and that was also replaced. About a week later the car started overheating (again, my our luck), leaking coolant, and throwing the amber suspension light again. Turned out to be the water pump gasket, that was replaced. Once the water pump was fixed, not even 2 days later the LR3 started throwing a RED suspension fault: do not exceed 30 mph. That next day the front dropped and the back stayed raised. Now when you start the car an amber suspension light immediately comes on. Once you hit 25 mph it throws a red suspension fault: do not exceed 30 mph. We checked over the LR3 ourselves and found that the front valve block was broken. We replaced it. The car then raised to normal height, acted fine for about 10 minutes and then threw an amber suspension light. Not even 30 minutes later the front sank back down. The car is obviously unstable due to the back being over raised and the front not raising at all. It's bouncing again, I assume that's also because it's unstable. Trying to wrap my head around what else it could possibly be. It isn't showing any codes and the 4x4 info menu isn't showing that a sensor is out. The only thing I can think of is another air leak or an air bag. HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT! I have googled my life away and can't find where any one else has had this problem or similar.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to isolate issues and then deal with them one at a time. Is your shock failed? Do you have an EAS sensor issue? The problem is that you have had enough other issues that it makes it tough to diagnose. In general you have to figure out why you are getting a RED suspension fault. Either your compressor is ****...or you have a cross-articulation fault. Do some studying on this forum and you can find symptoms that are identical, and that can guide you. I've had a few too many beers to do so....

SoCal66

Reaction score
You have to isolate issues and then deal with them one at a time. Is your shock failed? Do you have an EAS sensor issue? The problem is that you have had enough other issues that it makes it tough to diagnose. In general you have to figure out why you are getting a RED suspension fault. Either your compressor is ****...or you have a cross-articulation fault. Do some studying on this forum and you can find symptoms that are identical, and that can guide you. I've had a few too many beers to do so....

Houm - thanks for the ideas on researching suspension faults here. My LR3 recently started showing the yellow suspension fault light sometimes (not always). I’ll post an update once I have a better idea of what’s going on.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. If you have an IIDTool, read the code and see what it tells you. If you don't have an IIDTool, get one!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA