Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LR3_WA

roverdawg said:
I wonder how many they have in their fleet. I've been there by 8am and still gotten a dirty Sentra. That being said, they did bring a Mercedes one time which was nice, but everything else has been small, econoboxes. Who knows, maybe they're reading this forum and you benefitted! ;) What I don't like is the fact that they give you a Loaner for 2 days, but if it's in for more than that it's on your dime.

How 'bout them Hawks!

I'd say my experience was a 3.5 out of 5 this time at the ol' Bellevue WA dealer shop. They were able to complete the work early and I was able to get a Jag as a loaner.

The good...
- exterior bulbs replaced
- oil changed (though they forgot to put in a new sticker)
- fuel tank replaced (and filled)
- leak fixed (tube issue)
- cleaned interior & exterior (missed a few spots)
- loaner car (a Jag, though smelled of smoke)

The bad...
- aux still not working (they said it was working, but they left the console open???)
- after waiting in the lobby for an hour I had to hunt down the Enterprise rep

Bonus...
- loaner car gas lid would not open (free half tank of gas for me)
- Land Rover grab bag for length of time to get a gas tank in (hat, shirt, water, wipes)

PS - If you really want to complain and get results use the survey Land Rover sends out. As these are tied to the bonus/salary of the employees at the Land Rover dealer/shop. Heard it straight from an employee.

If the Seahawks win the Superbowl all is forgiven (until next season)

;)

R

roverdawg

Glad you got a goodie bag as well. Apparently, LRNA authorizes $100 worth of stuff at the dealer's discretion to those affected by the fuel tank recall. It did help to smooth things over with me, but the goodwill was lost when the suspension "bonged" at me on the way home! =)
Funny, they haven't sent me any more surveys, I may have to find a blank one and fill it out.

Go Hawks, I still haven't recovered my voice from Qwest Field, but get by with pointing and hand gestures.

L

LandRoverDirectService

The LR3 or the Discovery III as it is known here in the UK is one of the best Land Rover vehicle ever to come out of Birmingham. There are a few niggles, but that is to be expected on a British (mainly handbuilt) vehicle.
I have had 3 Discoveries in my service deptartment with issues that were there from new, all of which are fixable for the least amount of money. One of my colleagues owns a Disco III (LR3) TDV6 diesel, which is by far the best engine that was ever thought up. It is just a shame that Land Rover don't seem to grasp that the US off road places are as good as in the UK and do not offer a manual transmission (much better for offroading) and the diesel engine.
Oh well

C

chicagoLR3HSE

well a little update,, the steering assembly is on a backorder and I have been told from Land Rover and from the dealership that I should not expect to have the truck back until at least MAY!!!! it has been in the shop since Jan 2nd....... I truly regret ever buying this vehicle, everytime I call the customer relationship center Iam confronted with the rudest most unprofessional people I have ever run acrossed in my life. about to just sell the truck for scrap.

L

LandRoverDirectService

Discovery III Dissatisfaction

Well, our delearship in the Outer Hebrides in Orkney (Northern Scotland) offer 100% customer satisfaction.
You could try ordering the part/s that you require of some very good Land Rover websites, (www.paddock.com) or (www.bearmach.com). I am sure that they will do the part/s that you require, the only problem with doing it yourself on a new car is that you will void your warranty.
Also try taking your Disco to another "Approved Land Rover" dealership. They might be better than your local one. I know that all the dealers in the UK have to pass strict customer satisfaction surveys.
If you or anyone else has a problem regarding any Land Rover vehicle/s, or other techincal difficulties, please feel free to contact me;
Sam Mc. Cadder, on [email protected]
Many thanks

Sam Mc. Cadder

R

roverdawg

Houm_WA said:
30 days in the shop = Lemon

...at least in Washington.

Also in Washington, 4 attempts to repair the same major problem (within the first 2 years)= Lemon.

F

flowner

Here are my suggestions good luck

Check if you have to send in the Notice of Defect before you can file for Lemon. In general the Manufacturer ignores you until you send them your notice of defect. If you haven't request a Land Rover Loaner or better. I always felt better putting miles on their new vehicle while mine was in the shop.

Lemon can be expensive. If I had to do it again I would negotiate a lifetime warranty on problem parts with valet service and other goodies. So you don't get inconvenience

H

Houm_WA

Flowner, I've actually tried this approach (lifetime warranty on troubled parts) to no avail. I think that anything covered under a tech bulletin ought to be covered for the life of the vehicle. We should all somehow gang up and make that happen.

F

flowner

Houm_WA said:
Flowner, I've actually tried this approach (lifetime warranty on troubled parts) to no avail. I think that anything covered under a tech bulletin ought to be covered for the life of the vehicle. We should all somehow gang up and make that happen.

Houm WA,

I'm trying to get some insite into why didn't added support work out.
I appreicate the help.

I did lemon on 05 lr3 which ended up costing me 8k. I would not rather spend another 8k on lemons trying to get out my 06 LR3 HSe

Same problems seem to be cropping up in my 06: suspension faults, poor tire wear. I must say the new compressors seem to be holding on longer. The orignal ones just completly burnt out shortly after they faulted. The new ones seems to do better at not burning out, but still need to be replaced when they fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM