Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you lower the suspension to get out, I think it dings when it resets to normal height automatically. Or the 39 degree ding, it dings alot, you get used to it.

kosta

Reaction score
hey JIM - i believe it is to do with the exterior temperature...next time you hear the ding, look at the outside temperature display in your message centre - you'll notice a 'snowflake' symbol, which will stay on for a couple of seconds, and then turn off. i didn't know that it was at a specific (39 degree) threshold though (thanks woodmews)...i hear it a lot too (i'm in canada). as long as there's nothing wrong with the truck, i'm okay with it.

dbregman

Reaction score
The threshold is 40 degrees F. When the temp hits that it dings and then the snowflake appears - I have seen it a lot in the morning here in Northern California this winter!

Drew888

Reaction score
Update just for the bloody heck of it...almost 6k miles on our 06 HSE and Zero issues. Great audio for a truck, very comfortable ride, very well engineered - from the placement of the window wash squirters to the defrost wires in most of the glass. List goes on and on...seriously, nothing comes close (for a well appointed, go anywhere 7 seater).

Other then the scratches on one side from getting too close to brush...Wife didn't care for that too much. :)

I keep telling her it will buff out....

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wil it will! Bring it over on Saturday and we'll knock it out.

J

JIM

Bings

WHAT IS THE TCM?
i'll have them do this @ 7500mi
I can understand the 39 degree threshold that seems like it makes sense but there are a lot of additional bings that happen for no reason that i find annoying at times.
other than gas milage , hard steering wheel and turning the vehicle is great, we selected this over the mbenz ml350 which we actually ordered but they couldn't deliver in time
thanks everbody for respnding
see you off the road

C

court

Knocking, vibration & shuddering!

We own a 1999 Land Rover Disco II. When accelerating only, we here a knocking metal noise (like gravel against metal). As soon as we take our foot off the gas it stops, apply gas the NOISE is there. Then there is a slight shuddering (a 1 second pause) when accelerating fast. Seems to happen around second third and fourth gear change. Does not feel like transmission. It is an automatic. And then theres the vibration felt throughout the whole car when driving, Notice it more while on freeway, it sort off comes and goes almost like a pulsating vibration. We did just have the front drive shaft replaced. He said he balanced it. Would appreciate any advice to these problems.

B

BAZMAN

Newbee here.... With all due respect to some of you that said that problems exist in every car, although I agree with the statement to a certain extent, we often fail to ignore the fact that some of the issue are fundamental design problems. I have always stayed away from LR because of the reliability issues, it appears that my concerns have been well founded. I was at the dealer this weekend looking at an HSE V6, great looking car with lots of room, but I must remain objective and consider your comments that confirm my suspicions that all is not right with this car or any LR product for the matter!

I own a top spec 2005 VW Touareg which has not been to the dealer once outside of scheduled maintenance. The same with my 2005 Toyota Prado, incredible reliability and mechanical integrity..... So although an LR3 would be nice, I can't argue with these stats and first hand experience. I have very little tolerance for poor products and I just do not have the time to worry about these things, maybe they will get around the quality issue in LR5?

The dealer here is giving 5 year and/or 100,000 KM service, even with that offer, I have my grave doubt about the reliability and resale value, which would be practically zero after three years, especially after these problems become more public.

Thanks for being honest opinions and feedback on this forum, instead of spending millions on stupid ads, they should have a dedicated team monitoring these forums and establish a task force to address quality/reliability issues, heck with the prices they are charging, they can afford it, that is the only way to keep your customers in this very competitive world of ours..... Ooops, I forgot that Ford is going out of business soon, so I guess non of this really matters :)

Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9