Proud New Owner Of A 2005 LR3 SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finalized the paperwork for my 2005 LR3 SE. It has only 36k miles on it. It is black with black leather interior. I live in Colorado and it is being shipped here from Miami. I purchased through the local CarMax. I also added the additional bumper to bumper extended warranty which covers an additional 5 years or 100k miles for an additional $1899. Pretty good deal.

Once it arrives, I will take some pictures and post here. I plan on putting in a new battery (if needed), checking the breaks, putting on some General Grabber AT2 tires and installing a state of the art sound system once I take possession.

Anything else I should immediately check for?

~Josh

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, congrats. I also have the black on black.. the exterior is a chore to clean, but it looks sharp and I love having the black interior. I have an 06 with 25k miles and I'm still on the original brakes, but they will need changed soon. Hopefully somebody changed yours about 10k miles ago and they are still good.

Regarding the tires, I'm looking at the General Grabber AT2s also. I am thinking about getting them in the bigger size, though, because they are rated for severe snow... but then I wouldn't be able to fit chains (even though I've never needed chains before), so I dunno.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not 100% set on the General Grabber AT2's though. I am still researching tires. I test drove a 2006 LR3 HSE yesterday with the AT2's and it was quite smooth, even on the highway. Just a slight and I mean very slight vibration.

Other tires I am considering are the Nitto TG's and the Pirelli Scorpion ATR's. I really want to stick to the factory size of 255/60 18.

~Josh

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Josh, congrats! As you can see by my sig, we are fairly new owners of an LR3 as well. So far we love it! We're also in Colorado, the 'Springs area. Where abouts are you?

A few weeks ago I drove past Pikes Peak Rovers and talked with Wil, the manager there. Nice guy and it was cool to talk to him for a while.

J.D.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Josh, congrats! As you can see by my sig, we are fairly new owners of an LR3 as well. So far we love it! We're also in Colorado, the 'Springs area. Where abouts are you?

A few weeks ago I drove past Pikes Peak Rovers and talked with Wil, the manager there. Nice guy and it was cool to talk to him for a while.

J.D.

J.D.,

We too are in the Springs :) I live in the NW part of town in a neighborhood called Peregrine. I was at Red Noland yesterday test driving LR3's. What tires are on yours?

~Josh

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live directly east of you in Falcon. Did you buy from Red Noland? Who was your sales guy? So far I am pretty happy with my experiences there. As for tires, I don't know, some silly street tires. They'll be upgraded when it comes time for replacment.

J.D.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live directly east of you in Falcon. Did you buy from Red Noland? Who was your sales guy? So far I am pretty happy with my experiences there. As for tires, I don't know, some silly street tires. They'll be upgraded when it comes time for replacment.

J.D.

Actually I purchased from CarMax on Powers. Really cool business. I test drove a lot of LR3's at Red Noland. I just called Pikes Peak Rovers (Didn't even know it existed until your post, so Thanks!) and once I take possession of my LR3, I will be taking it there for their Pre-Purchase inspection service which runs $95.00.

~Josh

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, duh, you said Carmax in your original post. Hope the LR3 comes back with a clean bill of health!

I am not sure if Wil remembers me or not, but you could tell him "the guy who stopped by a few weeks ago and talked trails with you" sent you. he said he'd go for a trail ride anytime!

J.D.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new toy! You will really enjoy your truck.
Let us know about the stereo you end up with. I have always purchased cars then installed $2K+ systems in them to get them to sound great; and IMO, the Harmon Kardon in my HSE will rival all but the biggest of the professional systems Ive installed.
Enjoy your truck, don't worry about cleaning it...the black looks more rugged with a lil natural paint protection splashed on it

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new toy! You will really enjoy your truck.
Let us know about the stereo you end up with. I have always purchased cars then installed $2K+ systems in them to get them to sound great; and IMO, the Harmon Kardon in my HSE will rival all but the biggest of the professional systems Ive installed.
Enjoy your truck, don't worry about cleaning it...the black looks more rugged with a lil natural paint protection splashed on it

Thanks! I am going to be putting a Kenwood DNX-5140 head unit in it and replacing all the speakers with some Alpines I recently purchased. Also am going with a nice Infinity powered Sub. The system will have XM, iPhone/iPod controls, HD Radio and a back-up camera.

~Josh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM