Pulls hard right on acelleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been racking my brain trying to think of something other than traction control that could cause this, but I'm coming up short. Best I can offer is good luck!

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kevinkelley

Reaction score
Ya, the steering issue is pretty serious. It is much less drastic when holding the wheel. It is not so out of control. I can feel the micro braking in the left/right and it disappears when I let off the accelerator.

update: The dealership doesn't want my money or doesn't want to get involved. I spent 30 minutes plus with the dealership, service foreman, he talked me through everything he looked at on the front-end. He found nothing wrong, with the brakes, rotors, sensors, DSC, control arms etc... He thinks it's the tires, he believes the onboard computer can read the speed difference in the wheels (fronts/rears) given that the front tires are traveling faster then the rear due to the tread thickness differential. I can't argue because a few folks on the forums suggested the same thing. I have to **** out all the possibilities, starting with tires before moving on to something else if it's not resolved. Ordered new tires, I'll have them on later in the week. I’ll take it from there... if that doesn’t fix the issue. I'll save the existing tires as spares.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny story, just got my tires rotated today and I can say that I did have an issue with the steering wheel pulling to the right when I let go even after the alignment had been done and I am not having that issue anymore... however if you jump the throttle the car will still pull to the right for a brief moment and then go back into place.

Ya, the steering issue is pretty serious. It is much less drastic when holding the wheel. It is not so out of control. I can feel the micro braking in the left/right and it disappears when I let off the accelerator.

update: The dealership doesn't want my money or doesn't want to get involved. I spent 30 minutes plus with the dealership, service foreman, he talked me through everything he looked at on the front-end. He found nothing wrong, with the brakes, rotors, sensors, DSC, control arms etc... He thinks it's the tires, he believes the onboard computer can read the speed difference in the wheels (fronts/rears) given that the front tires are traveling faster then the rear due to the tread thickness differential. I can't argue because a few folks on the forums suggested the same thing. I have to **** out all the possibilities, starting with tires before moving on to something else if it's not resolved. Ordered new tires, I'll have them on later in the week. I’ll take it from there... if that doesn’t fix the issue. I'll save the existing tires as spares.

kevinkelley

Reaction score
This is promising. Thank you for the update. Very anxious to get the two new tires on my truck, I really hope this resolves my issue. My local tire shop had to order them, KO2 are not a stock tire. I’ll call them in the afternoon. I’ve seen tires get delivered next day. I think he was hedging the delivery date by tell me 2 to 3 days. Thanks again!

kevinkelley

Reaction score
Got the new tires on the front, I wish I had good news but... I don't. Having the truck aligned tomorrow as a next step.

I think I'm stuck with this unless something shakes loose, not sure how much more talking and spending money to troubleshoot I can do. I think I need to step back from it for a bit.

kevinkelley

Reaction score
I had a 4-wheel alignment done by the dealership today, no change in steering issue.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just going back to the beginning, the issue started right after you had all the work done (rear locker installed, timing chain, control arms) - is that right?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV