Purchase Question for 2011 LR4 or 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewtoLR4

Reaction score
I'm new to the Land Rover brand having previously owned a Lexus RX for years and I love the flexibility of interior space and the drivability of the LR4 and of course fell in LOVE with it. I'm having trouble deciding on which vehicle to purchase. Any help would be so great!!

1st option:
New 2011 LR4 LUX in Siberian Sand
Only around 1400 miles
The dealer will no budge on his price of $51,995

2nd option:
New 2012 HSE in the black or Fuji White colors (seems most dealers only stock these)
Probably can get between $52,000-54,000 in price

I'm having trouble trying to figure out the difference in a 2011 LUX and a 2012 HSE. I know the 2012 have a tweaked NAV and no cooler box, but I think the heated front seats are now standard. Again, any help would be SO appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2011 option is a Lux, so it will have a few more features than the HSE alone. Do you know if the Lux has the Vision Assist package? Does the HSE have any options like the climate package?

Ultimately this is a decision of preference and if you need the options in one of the particular vehicles. Personally, the 2011 looks like a great deal if it's full loaded, but the idea of going with the 2012 is more my choice - especially if it has the options you want. If it's missing any options you want or not the color choice - then don't do it. This is a big purchase, so you should get what you want!

Best of luck!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no memory seats in the HSE. The leather and the sound system is upgraded in the Lux. 51,995 for the 2011 lux is a great deal. I do not think it has vision assist since the MSRP on those is 58,600. Also you get HIDs with the lux. High beam assist in lux. Also, power stearing wheel (memory linked) and power folding mirrors. Auto dip mirrors when in reverse. Go for the 2011 lux. Great price!!! Also, I am not sure if 2012 HSE has passive keyless entry. The 2011 has passive keyless entry. I thought it is standard on the 2012 HSE, but not sure.
Good luck, and let me know if I could be of any help. I had a 2010 HSE which i traded for the 2011 lux so I am well aware of the difference.

Last edited:

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything said so far. I also will add that the 2012 HSE does come with passive entry.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also you get HIDs with the lux. High beam assist in lux.

HIDs with Lux yes, but the High Beam assist comes with the Vision Assist package, not the Lux in general. If I'm incorrect, please let me know. Maybe I have HBA and don't realize it.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4