Question about dealerships and such in Connecticut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings to all the Land Rover fanatics out there!

After several years gallivanting about in Africa, the gods have determined me fit to return to the US. It looks like coastal Connecticut.

Does anyone have any experiences with dealers or shops in the Connecticut area?

Many thanks!
Land Rover Joe

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're moving to CT this summer (August) and I went through the dealer search in my quest to buy an LR4 and a RRS. I talked to 4 different dealers (Mt. Kisco, Millford, Farmington & Darien) and got the best treatment/customer care and the sweetest deal from Darien Land Rover.

Ask for Tyler Hackney (sales guy). He is a really nice guy and went out of his way to get me everything I wanted/needed. Tell him Alex Corral sent you over.

I'll be in CT next week, house hunting, and I'll stop by Darien Land Rover to take a look at the RRS which they are holding for me until we move. The LR4 I ordered to my specs and is in process.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Alex, I had very good luck at Darien Land Rover when I lived in CT.

Hey Land Rover Joe, where are you going to live? I used to live in Mystic, CT! :) I loved living on the coast. The shoreline is a great part of CT.

-David

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gents!

Alex, will do.

David, I am headed to the New Haven area. Looking around for a place (although it is a bit hard from 6,000 miles away). Mystic looks beautiful. I would like to be near the water myself (might as well take advantage of location if one can).

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gents!

Alex, will do.

David, I am headed to the New Haven area. Looking around for a place (although it is a bit hard from 6,000 miles away). Mystic looks beautiful. I would like to be near the water myself (might as well take advantage of location if one can).

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe
Hey Land Rover Joe,

New Haven has a few nice areas, but it can be a bit rough in some places. West Haven and some of the suburbs toward Fairfield County are really nice, but you lose some of that shoreline feel. The towns along the shoreline, though pretty close to New Haven, are Mystic, Groton, New London, Guilford, Madison, Clinton, Old Saybrook, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I know that alexcorral is out there next week looking at houses.

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gents!

Alex, will do.

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

Are you bringing your truck or getting a new one?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gents!

Alex, will do.

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

I got a lot of inspiration from your rig and your recommendations on Voyager stuff. I've now got the sliders, full rack and ladder on my LR4.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

Great-thanks!

I will PM you later with some specifics and such (discussing about property and such exceeds my LR4 forum threshold.)

MBW,

Many thanks for the compliments and I am glad I could help. Trust me…if I had the capital…I would be a lot more inspiring!

The LR4 is coming with (but of course!) The wife won’t drive anything but the Landy. In fact, I am bringing it over to the bush mechanic tomorrow to begin the process of de-Africanizing it (i.e.: defunking it). We’ll start with pulling the roof rack off to dissaseemble-clean-repaint-refinish and such. And then on and on before putting her into the sea container for the big trip…

Of note to the group, I have had some interesting issues which are probably unique to running constantly off-road in high dust/highly corrosive (and super hot) environments, namely the cameras and the manifold absolute pressure sensor (and some issues with the O2 sensors). I haven’t had time to post all the details, but I had prepared some of the stuff…just need to get around to assembling the info to post it to the blog.

Best,
Land Rover Joe

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will sell our 2011 Discovery 4 here in Panama and already ordered the new 2013 LR4 from Darien Land Rover. It was the perfect excuse for an update.

Work will be up in Bethel so I will not be looking at homes near the coast. I want to keep my commute under 30 minutes. I've setup some nice properties to go look at (some even in NY) but found there were lots more options to buy than to rent (that met our needs).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635