Question for LR4 owners who upgraded from an LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the new interior in the LR4 quieter compared to your previous LR3? With the new dash being more soft touch material than all the plastic on the LR3 is there any noticeable decrease in noise? My LR3 creaks and moans if I make a turn on even a flat surface (the dash area). How about the rear tailgate area? Same? More quiet? Etc?

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have an LR3, but I can tell you that my LR4 is the quietest vehicle I have ever been in. It way quieter than my wifes new Lexus and easily more quiet than my Audi ever dreamed of being.

CHT

Reaction score
Is the new interior in the LR4 quieter compared to your previous LR3? With the new dash being more soft touch material than all the plastic on the LR3 is there any noticeable decrease in noise? My LR3 creaks and moans if I make a turn on even a flat surface (the dash area). How about the rear tailgate area? Same? More quiet? Etc?

Not sure if this helps, but we've had LR3 loaners. One of the first comments my wife made was regarding noise. We're not sure if it is the tires or not, but the LR3 definitely seemed louder. We did not notice any creaks or squeaks, but this was a low mileage loaner. As you probably noticed already, fit and finish has really improved over the LR3.

Slwroller

Reaction score
LR3 vs LR4

Not sure if this helps but I can tell you that the LR3 is much louder (in terms of creaks) coming from the dash. I test drove the LR4 twice, the redesigned interior has much better fit/finish and is extremely quite (this was brand new though so who knows what it will be like in a year or so). I ended up buying a 2008 LR3 and just chalk the snaps, crackles and pops up as "character" .

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had an LR3, but my LR4 is quieter than my lexus lx570 was.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES! The LR3 has more of a "plastic" feeling and the noises associated to it than the LR4. I couldnt believe how much quieter the LR4 is compared to my old LR3, and I had very few miles on it.

drivesafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi jjvd21, my wife went from a D3 ( LR3 ) to a D4 ( LR4 ) and there are quite a few noticeable differences and the style and feel of the D4’s interior is a big jump forward.

The ride is better and the sound level is much lower.

When the D4 first appeared, I really didn’t think there was much difference but after the first test drive, you notice loads of differences and improvements.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but we've had LR3 loaners. One of the first comments my wife made was regarding noise. We're not sure if it is the tires or not, but the LR3 definitely seemed louder. We did not notice any creaks or squeaks, but this was a low mileage loaner. As you probably noticed already, fit and finish has really improved over the LR3.

+1

Same here

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes yes, it's way better... Faster the quitter....lol..drive safe, no speeding

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 is extremely quiet, Jag quiet... very high quality. I do get some "creaking" on some plastic parts but it's not bad at all. Just there...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99