Questions About 20’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donb

Reaction score
Some pics of the rubbing contact points on the drivers side at full lock to the right. Seems like clearance must have been super tight even with stock tires sizes, so I’m wondering if something is off.

Looks to me that some heat and a little bending like jwest said will give it enough clearance.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to me that some heat and a little bending like jwest said will give it enough clearance.
I’ll probably give it a try this weekend. I don’t have a heat gun, but I’ll see if I can get anywhere with a hair dryer. The plastic is pretty thick though, so I’m thinkning a heat gun might be necessary.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll probably give it a try this weekend. I don’t have a heat gun, but I’ll see if I can get anywhere with a hair dryer. The plastic is pretty thick though, so I’m thinkning a heat gun might be necessary.
Hair dryer won't do it. Hit up Harbor Freight for a cheapo heat gun. You'll be able to flex things and occasionally brown a turkey at Thanksgiving like I did. :)

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hair dryer won't do it. Hit up Harbor Freight for a cheapo heat gun. You'll be able to flex things and occasionally brown a turkey at Thanksgiving like I did. :)
Had a feeling. Although, I've had luck with a hair dryer on other things like removing emblems, etc. Guess I head over to Harbor Freight or just Amazon one for about the same price.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

I picked up a Porter Cable heat gun for only $19 on Amazon. Spent some time on the fender liner today and issue completely resolved! Tires clear with some room to spare. I’m sure I could get additional clearance if I messed around more, but no need at this point.

Thanks for the heat gun suggestion!

63ACBA40-37D6-4935-98AE-F1B128AC5517.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV