Questions About 20’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same tires installed just 2 weeks ago. Mine are mounted on the style 511 wheels with no rubbing at full lock in either direction. I wonder if the wheel offset of the 511 and 510's are identical? If not, maybe that's the issue? My LR4 is a 2016.
I’m not sure which are the style 511, but if they are LR4 specific, they probably have the same offset. I think all are +53. I’ve seen some +47, but I believe those are Range Rover wheels.

I took a super quick peek underneath the vehicle today and was able to identify what’s rubbing. The tire is rubbing on the driver side inner plastic fender liner. The rubbing only occurs at full lock to the right. It does not happen with the equivalent fender liner on the passenger side when at full lock to the left, which is interesting.

I need to compare both sides to see what is different when I have a chance. I wonder if something is just out of place on the drivers side liner? Hopefully I can just adjust something. Overall I’m not too worried since it’s not too rigid and has room to move.

DaJammer

Reaction score
I’m not sure which are the style 511, but if they are LR4 specific, they probably have the same offset. I think all are +53. I’ve seen some +47, but I believe those are Range Rover wheels.

I took a super quick peek underneath the vehicle today and was able to identify what’s rubbing. The tire is rubbing on the driver side inner plastic fender liner. The rubbing only occurs at full lock to the right. It does not happen with the equivalent fender liner on the passenger side when at full lock to the left, which is interesting.

I need to compare both sides to see what is different when I have a chance. I wonder if something is just out of place on the drivers side liner? Hopefully I can just adjust something. Overall I’m not too worried since it’s not too rigid and has room to move.

Yes, Land Rover specific wheels. I just checked on mine and do not have the rubber at the spot you identified. Here's the page from the 2016 brochure showing the different 20" wheels available.

Attachments

• 2016 LR4 wheels.pdf
    224.4 KB · Views: 66

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's rubbing here (see pic), but on the driver's side. The liner was not flush against the frame, but out a few inches. Again, not sure if it's the same on the other side or not. Didn't have a chance to look. I'll post findings once I have a chance to get under there and look at everything. It does seem odd that one side would rub on the liner and not the other.

lr4 fender.jpg

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from the rubbing issue, the switch to 20’s, 265 G2’s and black design pack pieces does make the vehicle look sooo much better.

B715BD11-E20E-4A9A-AEEF-F94BD032E4FF.jpeg
0CC230A8-F674-4728-B5CC-4C5594FEA8B5.jpeg

donb

Reaction score
Aside from the rubbing issue, the switch to 20’s, 265 G2’s and black design pack pieces does make the vehicle look sooo much better.

Looks great!

How do you like the Nitto's? I see snow in one of your pics - how are they in the white stuff?

My guess on the rubbing is the inner liner is missing a clip or a clip is undone.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!

How do you like the Nitto's? I see snow in one of your pics - how are they in the white stuff?

My guess on the rubbing is the inner liner is missing a clip or a clip is undone.
Yeah, hoping it’s just something like that. Worst case, if I remember correctly, could just trim the liner at the contact point.

There wasn’t much snow on the roads, so didn’t really get a chance to test those conditions. I just played around in some deeper stuff off-road, so for the most part it just felt like muddy conditions. I did read they do really well on road in snow. Hopefully I’ll get to test that out in a couple weeks.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't trim the liner before trying to zip tie it back just enough instead.

There's no real surprise as to the rub only on driver side there. The liners and whats behind them are different. That spot is tight on mine too and I di actually cut out an arched shape starting at the corner about 3" wide and going up about 4-5" but it was to clear much larger tires.

You can also try using a heat gun to thoroughly warm the zone, then bend it back inward. Most likely that tire only needs a 1/2" or so expansion of space to clear.

Looks good. That offset is nice when it works.

Now that I think about the turning arch, are you sure it's right in the nook of the liner and not more like a few inches outboard? Having the stock bumper it may also be that the way those parts all connect, you'll have to do some adjusting of how the liner is held in place where it comes to the bottom edge.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't trim the liner before trying to zip tie it back just enough instead.

There's no real surprise as to the rub only on driver side there. The liners and whats behind them are different. That spot is tight on mine too and I di actually cut out an arched shape starting at the corner about 3" wide and going up about 4-5" but it was to clear much larger tires.

You can also try using a heat gun to thoroughly warm the zone, then bend it back inward. Most likely that tire only needs a 1/2" or so expansion of space to clear.

Looks good. That offset is nice when it works.

Now that I think about the turning arch, are you sure it's right in the nook of the liner and not more like a few inches outboard? Having the stock bumper it may also be that the way those parts all connect, you'll have to do some adjusting of how the liner is held in place where it comes to the bottom edge.
Great ideas! I can’t imagine much rubbing since there’s only what, .5” increase with 265’s width over stock?

I was only under there for a few seconds, so I can’t recall the exact contact point. You might be right in your assessment. I’ll try to take pics when I check it out again.

eniam17

Reaction score
I just put a set of L322 RR 20’s on my 16’ LR4 with 285/50 ridge grapplers. They fit fine, but I needed a .75” spacer to clear the upper control arm.

F0C8D5A2-D267-4830-8A6B-53915557118D.jpeg

58323F3A-BB80-48D6-A5DF-6DFB958E5C44.jpeg

4F294C7C-10B9-4A18-8976-0D07644A611E.jpeg

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pics of the rubbing contact points on the drivers side at full lock to the right. Seems like clearance must have been super tight even with stock tires sizes, so I’m wondering if something is off.

38435412-E6CF-4415-BA40-01ADFDAEBF2F.jpeg
9AF93452-C7FB-42E7-B3FB-289A63A2EA66.jpeg
2C26C873-396C-423A-8D44-9E4E25B58248.jpeg

And plenty of clearance on the passenger side.

CC51673D-75BE-4A13-9069-BC3190C6EA4C.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi