radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skarts

Reaction score
Does any one know which radio will operate my cd changer, im pretty sure it a clarion but wondering if i bought an aftermarke head unit would i work with my cd changer?

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An aftermarket DVD that plays MP3's will hold more on a single DVD than your entire 6 CD changer and then some. 4 or 5 DVD's is good for over 100 hours of music. Throw in an iPod adapter for free. Save some weight also. total cost about $100.

MP3's have more than 50 dB's of headroom which is more than sufficient to fill the allocated space between road noise and hearing damage. Greater fidelity is unused in the mobile environment of a Land Rover (noisy).

The old CD changer is worth more on the used market than the new DVD / MP3 player. Put the old radio & changer in storage for when you sell the vehicle.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crutchfield

radio

Does any one know which radio will operate my cd changer, im pretty sure it a clarion but wondering if i bought an aftermarke head unit would i work with my cd changer?
1987 4000 Quattro
1984 scirocco (rebuild in progress)

An aftermarket DVD that plays MP3's will hold more on a single DVD than your entire 6 CD changer and then some. 4 or 5 DVD's is good for over 100 hours of music. Throw in an iPod adapter for free. Save some weight also. total cost about $100.

MP3's have more than 50 dB's of headroom which is more than sufficient to fill the allocated space between road noise and hearing damage. Greater fidelity is unused in the mobile environment of a Land Rover (noisy).

The old CD changer is worth more on the used market than the new DVD / MP3 player. Put the old radio & changer in storage for when you sell the vehicle.

I did last year what Alzerom just said, when my wife’s radio began to get fussy, I ordered online a new Alpine that uses flash drives, aka memory sticks through crutchfield.com. These guys, are awesome, and the total install was 18 minutes. Crutchfield actually goes to the wrecking yards, and practices on wrecked vehicles for the fastest and easiest way to design the installation kits. Works flawlessly, and a 2 gig flash drive is around 6-8 bucks or cheaper and literally holds hundreds of songs, no cd cases to get broken, no scratched cd’s.

My best advice here is, Do what Alzerom and I did

Best wishes ……………… Chongo :bandit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV