Rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgreiss

Reaction score
I have a 2005 lr3 I started to hear a rattling coming from the rear of the vehicle inside, its driving me insane does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Also I checked the third row seat and its completely secure, i don't know what it could be.

mgreiss

Reaction score
10 views and no help come on guys I really need help with this its driving me crazy..

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same thing and think I have narrowed it down to the 3rd row....seats when they are down, I believe they are hitting the latch...when the raised it's just pure rattling!

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing only difference I don't have a 7 seater. I am assuming you are referring to the high pitch metal on metal chirping.

mgreiss

Reaction score
thats exactly what I am hearing but its not the 3rd row seat. I don't know *** it is

san6279

Reaction score
Probably best thing you can do is take a friend for a ride and see if they can't pinpoint it for you. My buddy fixed a rattle I had in the second row sunroof.

mgreiss

Reaction score
yea I had my wife in the back she couldn't pinpoint it. I even sat in the cargo area and could find where it is coming from.

san6279

Reaction score
Have you searched this forum also? I haven't posted much, but have been around for a couple years now. Seems like there has been quite a bit of discussion and problem solving relating to rattling and/or creaking. Both drive me nuts. A new one I have is the handle on the upper glove box. Overall, however, the LR3 (2006) has remained solid. Very happy with condition of the vehicle at 33K miles.

Good luck. I'm sure others will chime in to help.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the shocks that regulate swing on the rear hatch. Those have been known
to come loose and rattle.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say rear hatch too, but mine more or less 'clunked' than they did metal on metal rattling. Never had any metal on metal chirping...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge