Rear bumper height hitch receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, First I would like to say that I am new here and like the posts and information that is here. I have recently bought a 2006 LR3 HSE and am slowly and cheaply as possible building it in to a decent trail runner. Over the last two months I have been fabricating a front hitch receiver and a bumper height rear receiver. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 8

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks interesting, I'd like to see more detailed photos and information about how it's mounted, and what rating you anticipate it to handle. It does seem a little long though..

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The receiver sticks out 4.75 in from the bumper. The receiver tube I used is rated at 5000 lbs but I think it could hold more. There is a similar unit in Australia that is rated at 3500 kgs (~7700 lbs). I used grade 8 5/8" bolts to mount it. There are three bolts, two on the bottom that go through the OE safety chain holes and one that goes through a machined bushing in the tow ring. The main reason I built this is I want to tow a trailer over rough terrain without dragging the hitch over every little bump and I can now mount my winch to the back of the truck if I ever need to. I now have 20"+ at the bottom of the receiver instead of 8-10"
udehusap.jpg

hu7esuza.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know about the other one you mention. Looks interesting, planning on selling them, or is it a one off?

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to see what the interest is. If there is enough people wanting it I could do like a group buy sort of thing. If there is a lot of interest I will get it tested for a weight rating, I would have to send five of them out to get destroyed for testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a worthwhile project, given that offically the land rover hitch is now rated for "occasional use only" -- something they've added retroactively. Drop me a PM with your e-mail I'd like more details.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM