Rear Fog Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

w6000

What are exactly the rear fog lights on the LR3. When I pull the light switch out I get the red tail lights turned on. Is this what is meant by rear fog lights?

F

Freeflytim

Yeah, thats right, but its an extra set of very, VERY bright lights... to keep you from getting rear-ended in the soup.

If they are anything like what comes on Mercedes or Volvo...they are blinding and NO ONE will tailgate!!

w6000 said:
What are exactly the rear fog lights on the LR3. When I pull the light switch out I get the red tail lights turned on. Is this what is meant by rear fog lights?

K

KTMLC8

Most of the Euro makers have them. I read somewhere once that they are required (True / False ?) there since there are a few motor ways with very high speed limits. Keeps the rear corners of your car visible in those conditions as others are closing on you before passing. Have not looked at my LR3 options but our Mercedes allows you to turn both on or one corner at a time. Depends on what lane your cruising in.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere once that they are required (True / False ?)
True, as are low powered avoidance lights in some countries for street parking at night.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM