Rear Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ishapiro

Reaction score
While one the same topic, I still have the original non locking rear diff and the two shafts with only 32kmiles on them sitting in boxes, waiting for a buyer.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have posted here couple times on this topic in the past already.
I have actually upgraded my 2012 LR4 with the original brand new landrover locking rear diff. For that I sourced:

1) rear e-diff
2)HD rear drive shafts (not a must)
3) ECU
4)used harness from RRS or LR3/LR4 with a locker.
5)IIDtool to update the CCF
6) 5 hours on the hoist at the local LR dealership

Everything except the infortainment works as expected.

What ECU does it require?

By "harness," do you mean the wiring harness that goes to the rear locker, or something more than that?

ishapiro

Reaction score
Ecu is the rear locking diff controller
The harness is just a short length that goes from the main chassis harness to the e-diff motor.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is that particular ECU located, and how did you power it?

Last edited:

ishapiro

Reaction score
It's right behind the rear left door opening and in front of the wheel well under that huge single piece interior plastic trim. It's next to the parking aid sensors ECU

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a writeup somewhere on how you installed it?

So many questions. How does the ECU get info from the vehicle? How is it powered? Etc.

Is all that stuff there and unused on non-HD vehicles, or do you have to run your own wiring?

ishapiro

Reaction score
The main body harness already has all the connections. All you need is to mount and connect the right ecu. I leveraged a lot of info from forums covering the same retrofit for D3 (disco3.co.uk). I will check if I still have some of that somewhere.

ishapiro

Reaction score
Yes. Precisely! This one was what inspired me to do the same on my LR4. It took me a while to collect all the necessary parts from different sources at reasonable price though.

The only thing I couldn't completely resolve is my infotainment 4x4 screen doesnt show the rear padlock

ishapiro

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the infotainment doesn't show the rear locker but I can see it operational through iidtool

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72