Receiver Hitch - Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? I keep going back and forth between this and the fixed ones.

There are definite benefits to the factory design and not ending up with some screwy aftermarket wart on there.

There is no other design that retains the departure angle as well as this when removed.

The only time an aftermarket might win is in extreme off road trailering angles but the newer one isn’t nearly as low or set forward as the original version. If it hits the ground you’re really pushing some limits anyway.

It’s not a great idea to be lazy and leave it on when not in use letting it corrode. I lubricate mine every time it goes on and store it in my trailer or in the vehicle if there’s any chance I’d need it.

rhigham

Reaction score
Since we are talking about factory Hitch questions I will put this question out to the group. Factory Hitch and the small teardrop metal piece secured with an allen bolt I believe is MIA. Went to Land Rover and of course they were no help. Buy the hitch again.

Anyone seen a replacement part around or have any other ideas?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM