Receiver Hitch - Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blui7

Reaction score
I just bought a used OEM Land Rover receiver hitch off ebay. It came in today and installs fine, however, when you install it and lock it and remove the key, you can still partially pull out the green handle and partially turn is down. The hitch stays on and you need to key to remove it, but I am surprised at how much play the green lever has if you pull on it. Is this normal? Anybody have theirs installed and can pull on it and check for me? Thanks. Even though it was from ebay it was still expensive. Thanks!

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you lock it before removing the key?
If I remember correctly, once you lock it and remove the key, you can still move the green handle, but it does not move the securing pin.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me check mine in the morning and I'll let you know.
My intial reaction is it looks correct.
But I'll check to make sure

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked mine, it does the same thing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only is it normal, but when your hitch gets older and starts to seize at times, you will swear it's unlocked because it moved a little, and keep trying to twist and twist that f*cker with all your might. And then realize it's still locked. good times...

blui7

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! It seems to be working correctly. Thanks for your help!

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though it was from ebay it was still expensive. Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? I keep going back and forth between this and the fixed ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM