Remove and replace supercharger snout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

georgekale

Reaction score
I hope you got it figured out by now. If it feels loose, and you lift it slightly, then its the hose retainer under the manifold holding it.
Also rear egr bolts. Let us know what you find?

Last edited:

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 owner here - was searching the RR posts for something else and saw this. I think we have the same motor. I just did the supercharger on my car not long ago.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, there is a ton of good info on the jag forums. See my post on the LR4 forum which has a link to one of the jag threads. https://www.landroverworld.org/thre...over-water-pump-thermostat-replacement.42027/

The SC has two dowel/guide pins that go into the block about 1/2 inch maybe. They are sticky. Best way is to pull straight up with an engine support bar of some kind as illustrated in the jag forums, but I just rocked it see-saw style from the snout to get it to start wiggling, then was able to eventually pull it up with a little leverage underneath it (be careful what you lever from).

One tip - the dowel pins on the bottom are right next to the knock sensors (see the pics in the jag forum). So, when you get that SC loose and start pulling it out, be careful you don’t bump the knock sensors with the dowel pegs.

georgekale

Reaction score
Here's a video they should help you. time 7:50 / 16:28.
7:50 / 16:28.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72