Reoccuring ABS/TC/DHC problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

avozella

Ive had this problem in the past. The following lights go on on the dash, ABS, Down hill Control, and Traction control. Last year they also went on and i had to buy and have installed a new left front hub assembly. Ive been reading and have learned that instead of replacing the entire hub which can be a few hundred dollars you can just replace the sensor. I am going to get the computer report and find out what exactly is wrong but is there another process by which i can fix this without buying the entire new hub.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You may also want to try flushing the brake system, after a year or so you will get contaminant's in the fluid which will cause issues.

clieman

Reaction score
Joey, which sensor for the ABS, TC, DHA is gonna be effected by dirty fluid? If the reservoir is low its gonna be the red BRAKE light. Im curious since I have the same issue, but the mechanics Ive spoken to say the fluid has nothing to do with the lights.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a pain, but I bet these are the same mechanics that can't fix the issue.

There are a couple of sensors in the ABS system as well as the brake system that if they get contamination it will cause issues.

Most good mechanics will advise you to change the brake fluid every year, and if you race or off road alot where temps will get higher to change more often.

P

padreisla

It has been awhile since I checked this site, but I am glad that I started checking it again. Mine just started doing this problem more often lately and now those lights come on just about everytime I start my LR. Thanks for the help.

Joey

diorlan

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my 03 and the dealer had to change the abs computer

C

camper

The dealer told me that when the brake job was done on the car that
possibly the fluid was forced back into the master cylinder. This process
supposedly moves fluid thru a valve in the abs system that can be blocked
resulting in a code. One solution suggested was to power flush the system
ridding it of contaminents and hopefully freeing the valve, valve replacemnet
or entire assembly for $2300. Could you have the same problem? Is the
dealer correct is this a real problem?

Hope you can use the input maybe someone can answer the other questions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV