Repeatable Vibration Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but in regards to the vibration, what size rim are you using? I had 20's running on HT's on my LR3 and had similar symptoms so when I was having my tires rotated, shop manager showed me both my wheels were out of round possible from hitting potholes that caused the vibration at speeds beyond 30 mph. I switched to my 18's with AT's and vibration gone. Less sidewall on my HTs doesn't protect wheels on streets in LV.

I am thinking that it is the tires, but I am going to ignore it for now. I am running 265-70/18s Lexani Terrain Beasts on Tuffants. They are E-rated, but are cheap (~$130 a tire). I will replace them with KO2s once they have outlived their usefulness, or once they get trashed on the trail.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 seems to be susceptible to tire vibrations. I have issues even with street oriented designs in both 19" and 20". I think the combination of relatively large tires (harder to balance)combined with a fancy suspension/steering system (transmits every little vibration to the steering wheel) makes a tough combo. I have had horribly balanced oversize tires on my old Toyota trucks and 4Runners but the relatively sloppy suspension/steering systems did not seem to transmit the vibrations.

99d2td5

Reaction score
I had the same problem on both my cars about 10 years apart with different tyre brands. It turned out to be the tyres had gone hard well before the tread had worn down to replacement depth. Swapping front to back changed where the vibration was felt, but it didn’t go away. A couple of laps around Australia and the heat had got to them making the rubber go hard and unforgiving and I guess making the lugs not flex as well as they used to and vibrate at certain speeds. It felt like all kinds of things other the tyres however it was definitely tyres in my case.

Once replaced it went away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi