Replacement Bumpers and Cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLHopwood

Reaction score
I have an LR4 HSE LUX with the Visibity package coming Nov 14 this year. I've ordered an ARB replacement bumper for the front and am considering the Kaymar rear bumper.

My question is whether these bumpers remove any camera visibility? I know that the ARB does away with the front sensors, but I can't find any info about cameras on the front or rear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buried right now so I can only give a short answer. The rear kaymar definitely impacts the camera and the sensors. I'll write more later this weekend, but if you search kaymar, you should find lots of info. I've had mine on for a few months and I have mixed feelings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BLHopwood

Reaction score
Kevin (Expat93),

Thanks very much for your reply. I've found some of your other Kaymar observations in the forum and think they're absolutely priceless. I haven't been able to find the equivalent info anywhere else.

It sounds like like there are 2 fundamental issues with the Kaymar LR4 rear bumper replacement:

1) You need to have the tire carrier on the right in order to not muck up the camera and license plate (unless you extend the carrier, in which case I don't know if it blocks the camera, but it apparently clears the right hand vehicle brake light)

2) the body gap behind the rear wheels (apparently covered in Australia by mud flaps)

Any confirmation or workaround info for these 2 points would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again.

Barry

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9