Replacing the Rear Differential Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dochummer

Reaction score
There should be no buzzing. I assume this is a used stepper motor. Can I get some history into your problems and why or how you came to the conclusion to change it?

Torque specifications are important, I am glad you got it sorted.

I had the Transmission Fault come up on the dash with the parking brake light, stability control light, HDC not available etc... I took it to the dealership and their T4 yielded the error codes P186D-00 in RDCM and U1A4A-68 in VDM. They said I needed the rear differential clutch actuator replaced. Since I didn't live near there, I spoke with my local mech and he said he could do it. I ended up doing the work myself. Since the change, the Transmission Fault has cleared and I haven't had any problems since. That's kind of the short version of it. Currently I can only hear the actuator make some light noise when turning ignition to on, and no noise when turning it off'; which from what I understand is normal.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All in all, sounds pretty good. Thanks -- it will be handy for people to know the original problems and symptoms.

dochummer

Reaction score
Oh, and before heading to the dealership, I had the battery checked (only 2 years old), brake lights checked and changed the brake switch...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9