Retrofit rear AC (air conditioning) on DII SE7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to retro rear air conditioning on series 2 SE7? that is if I can get all the parts necessary for cheap?

My 2000 SE7 got everything even the ACE whether that's good or bad (but I like it so far) but it's got no rear AC dispite being a SE7 model. A rear AC would make this car "fully" loaded finally.

I see that I can buy used parts faily cheaply. The whole evaporator/fan assembly out of series II car can be had for less than $100. Air vents, controls, ducts and trim covers can be easily sourced for cheap. Not sure if wirings are all there but that could be little tricky if I have to wire them from scratch. Then there is the freon lines. I suppose it will be coming from the front HVAC unit or directly from the engine?

Is this possible????

Also, what parts are interchangeable between series I and II regarding the rear A/C? I see rear vents and controls look same. Are internal air ducts, freon pipes and wires same by any chance? There is a 97 with the rear ac in my local pick and pull yard.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure anything is possible, but I have never heard of anyone doing this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4