RTE LR3 REAR Bumper and Tire Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My A-Pillars ARE my limb-risers!

The rear bumper is cool I like how it goes all the way to the wheel well and I'll just assume that the production version will not show the welds...or at least not so prominently.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it! It's not for me. I really want a rear tire carrier, but not willing to spend $1K to do it.

The other issue is, and I think most of us fit into this category, I WANT to off road more, but the reality is I don't (mostly due to being gone so much) therefore making is hard to shell out so much money to turn my $40K lr3 into a mad max combat vehicle.

Wish I had the money to do everything I wanted to...

Anyone looking for a combat qualified airdrop pilot?

Rogue nations, apply here.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with dantheman1 - looks too bullish. What is with the cable and turnbuckles? Does this mean you need a roof rack to support the front bumper?

The cables are for improved radio reception when out in the wild :)

farouk1

Reaction score
Just a couple of comments,
......, it really does look well built and I look forward to some action photos.

Another thing, the rear bumper + tire carrier attachment is something I've long been waiting for, but the actual placement of the spare seems a bit off. I don't know if its the angle of the pictures or the fact that its a prototype, but that's something y'all might want to look in to. The spare needs to be placed lower and ....... towards the left so the right tail light can still be easily visible.

Other than that, the parts look brilliant and if they go into production, y'all may have a customer.......

I agree. Please count me as another customer if the above is carried out.
dantheman, please forgive with my meddling your message.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those welds across the face of the rear bumper

are a recipe for rust. Nice concept otherwise, but the rear finish should be solid plate like the front bumper or it will be a mess is a year. I also like the open design of the front which gives better acces to the winch drum, but the winch is less protected from rain/snow than if enclosed.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the front. It'd be hard to decide between it and the ARB for me. The light mounts need some massaging. I don't think it needs to stick out that far. The rear bumper doesn't do it for me. As mentioned, the swing arm needs a lot of work. It could be tucked so much tighter to the body. I do like how it covers to the wheel well too, but it's not as stealth as the front. Maybe if the plate that joins what appears to be two tubes could be continuous welded and then flap-disc'ed so make it appear to be one piece, that would help a lot.

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635