Satellite Radio and In Control Apps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lruny

Reaction score
Hello all. I ordered a 2015 lux expected by 5/1. Did not order sat radio or in control apps. Does anyone know if the truck is already wired or setup for these and it's a matter of activating a code? Thanks.

phil1ben

Reaction score
I ordered a 2015 LR4 HSE due in April. I was told that those items needed to be ordered if you wanted them built into the car. I assume you could run SAT through your mobile into the radio. After spending $$$$ for the car I figured might as well........I remember when a new Discovery was low 30s.

lruny

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am still wondering if the car is already set up for it, regardless of what the dealers say. Just curious.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect there is some hardware for the Sat. built in.

lruny

Reaction score
That's what I suspect, but don't have any evidence.

aj22

Reaction score
That's what I suspect, but don't have any evidence.

I'd be kind of surprised if the hardware was there - they're likely going to be a couple of external modules connected to the head unit(for sat and HD radio anyway). Incontrol just seems like software. Though if that's the case, after the fact add-ons should be possible anyway, but I suspect dealers aren't going to want to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM