Scan tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D R Taylor44

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm working through the kinks of my wife's 2010 hse and was hoping to get some advice on which scan tool to get. Does the iid tool have more functions then the icar one. Can I adjust suspension and read all codes with bolth?

Reaction score
I can only speak to the Gap tool but its just the best. Re-code keys, updated engine, nav, transmission software. Ran shift solenoid trend logs while trouble shooting downshift troubles. It will allow height offsets on suspension, re-leveling. Easy to use, emails to factory are within hours responded to.

Will Coosa

Reaction score
Hi from Will Coosa. I have Range Rover 2017 HSE and am considering the iCarsoft latest model code reader and intend to research the Gap model.

Bill V

Reaction score
Ditto on the Gap tool. It has saved me more than the cost of the unit. I've performed lots of diagnostics and have done some customation of modules and reprogrammed a key.
Yes, you can do suspension customization and adjustments with it.
It's self contained and fits in the glove box.

mkrinc

Reaction score
My 2 cents. Big fan of Launch tools. Easy ship on Amazon. Not specific to land Rover. Can program keys, ECM, actuate individual sensor and switches, haven't found anything I can't do with it. Even Mercedes and VW. If you rarely work on vehicles or are exclusive to one make perhaps the value doesn't show through. X431 pad is $899 with 2 years updates included. Wish I bought mine sooner. Would have saved me $500 on keys for wife's Infiniti alone. You tube some videos, only thing this model doesn't do is large diesel.

MrMbghk

Reaction score
Can you program the windshield wiper delay. Mine is set with the intermittent wiping only working intermittingly when stopped at a light etc. Mark

openBSD

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new to range rovers (2019 RR Sport), can you all post links to these scan tools? I've traditionally had Fords and am proficient in ForScan, but am kinda clueless here and am wanting to investigate. Googling some of the above tools gives me multiple options, but I just want to be sure I'm finding the correct products.
Thanks! and sorry for my noobness :)

Also, any other forums (or sites) you all can recommend or like?

Bushwa

Reaction score
The Icarsoft LR v3 looks like the best value. It’s not locked to the vin like the gap tool would be. I have the v2 which is missing some of the functionally, like suspension calibration, but still very useful and I can use it for my current and future land rovers.

FC-DG

Reaction score
Bushwa - is your implication that the v3 can do suspension calibration etc?

Bushwa

Reaction score
It looks like it has the ability to do tight tolerance mode but lacks the actual ride height sensor calibration. This guy does a pretty good comparison of this tool and the gap tool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM