Seat Belt Lock Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was on a pretty fun trail (Imogene between Ouray and Telluride, CO) and came to a place where I just couldn't see where the road went (it was at a fork) so I stopped the truck and got out. The truck was sitting on an up hill that was just about as steep as I could walk. I picked my line and got back into the truck and the seat belt was locked un-retracted. So was the passenger belt. Nothing to do but go over the hill and find a flat-ish place. Once we were more or less on the level, the truck was willing to let us have the seat belts back.

Does anyone know if the truck not letting you buckle up on a high angle is some sort of bizarre safety thing or if it is a glitch?

David

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is normal on any steep angle with all newer vehicles.
So how was the trail?

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trail was beautiful. Coming from Ouray, the colors had not started changing yet, but on the west side it was starting to be pretty. By the time the leaves change on the east side the trail will be closed, but the west side of the pass will be awesome next weekend.

David

Attachments

• Imogene.jpg
    Imogene.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 53

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That has happened to me, too. Very similar scenario....it's very frustrating when you're about to tackle a hill climb or descent and you can't protect yourself!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99