service engine light on 2003 disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjvarc

Reaction score
hi everyone,

recently i changed my oil and filter on my 03 disco.
two days later my service engine light came on and turned off. now this week service engine light came on. any suggestions what could be the issue?

this past spring i replaced the oxygen sensor and abs modulator.

thanks,

p

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles, when was the last tune up, what was done during the last tune up and what brand/parts did you buy? What are the codes? Did you have them read? Without codes and more info sadly not much we can do but guess....

I guess the wipers need changed.... (sorry couldn't help myself)

pjvarc

Reaction score
How many miles, when was the last tune up, what was done during the last tune up and what brand/parts did you buy? What are the codes? Did you have them read? Without codes and more info sadly not much we can do but guess....

I guess the wipers need changed.... (sorry couldn't help myself)

thanks for replying. had my 72 month/ 90k service done in august, no warning lights on prior to service. not due for my 78 month/ 97.5 yet. miles on disco 95k; recently did an oil change and afterward service light came on. prior to 90k service replaced oxygen sensor and abs modulator in the spring.

yeah, replaced wipers except rear, lol. this week rear wiper will be replace.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why guess, go to your local parts store and have them read the codes, then get back to us with the fault code numbers. When you had the 90K done did you replace the plug wires and have all 4 02 sensors been replaced?

pjvarc

Reaction score
Why guess, go to your local parts store and have them read the codes, then get back to us with the fault code numbers. When you had the 90K done did you replace the plug wires and have all 4 02 sensors been replaced?

thanks mike,

replaced the plug wires and had one oxygen sensor replaced. this weekend going to have an EDC to see what fault code numbers are coming up.

thanks again,p

pjvarc

Reaction score
this weekend checked codes and bank one sensor no fault. clear codes.
however was advised may need to replace front 02 sensor.

my question on discos how many miles before its time to replace 02 sensors?

thanks, p

thanks mike,

replaced the plug wires and had one oxygen sensor replaced. this weekend going to have an EDC to see what fault code numbers are coming up.

thanks again,p

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What was the actual code you got?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing you need to do is get the exact fault code number not what someone has told you, go get them read again also include your mileage as well as the trucks tune up history as well as plug wire replacement.

pjvarc

Reaction score
i did diagnostic test at the dealer. the dealer rep told me the fault code. i keep i need to invest on diagnostic tool to read the fault codes.

mileage on my 2003 disco 95,200
i'm the second owner.
tune-up history since my ownership:

did 75k maintenance
did 90k maintenance
replace value gaskets
02 sensor replaced at 81k
replace abs shuttle valve

prior history previous owner replace plug wires at dealer and all schedule maintenance was done at dealer.

First thing you need to do is get the exact fault code number not what someone has told you, go get them read again also include your mileage as well as the trucks tune up history as well as plug wire replacement.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak