Service Engine Light Still / Chirping from Right front engine Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re Motorvac: You'll need to call their customer service, tell them where you live. They can tell you if there is a shop around you that does this service.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Any good mechanic should be able to do the valve job. I would find a local shop that can do any sort of system cleaning first. For the cost of say $100 to try and clean things vice a grand or more for a valve job.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All

So I finally got the misfire codes back on. It read:

Emissions Related Powertraind DTCS, Mode 3:
1. Manufacturer Controlled Ignition System or Misfire - PO 305 - The question is this is the proprietary LR code so wondering if anyone out there knows what this actually is? My mechanic is ony a mission to investigate this

2. Now after my tune up, it misfired

a. PO 305 Cylinder 5 Misfire
b. PO 305 Cylinder 5 Misfire
c. PO304 Cylinder 4 Misfire
d. PO306 Cylinder 6 Misfire
e. PO308 Cylinder 8 Misfire

Continuosly Monitored System DTCs, Mode 7:

Electronic Control Unit ID: 12
PO304

a. PO304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire
b. PO308 - Cylinder 8 misfire
c. PO306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire
d. PO302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire

Now my mechanic firrmly thinks the valves are fine after checking the compression. He test drove it, hear abit of clicking, but thats the normal sound of these engines. Also if all these valves were a problem then he thought the sporadic problem would be much worse. I do not know who to beleive at this point!

So if anyone out there knows the mfg code, my mechanic is interested to investigate this further. We checked the coil pak and plugs, spraying with water with no spark so this seemed sound concerning the new wires/plugs. He used platinum plugs and high heat threashold wires. I did not catch the name but will find out.

I also checked with Motorvac on the cost to flush the system with their carbon build up machine. My mechanic cleared the codes so the engine light is out. Now, if this happens again I am going with Motorvac flush next to see if this helps before any valve work. The only other question is the MFG code which may help shed some light on my once a day sputter problem/serv eng light coming on/cars sputters for 10 seconds/light stays on/then self corrects in a day or so after then the process starts again.

So I appreciate all your help out there as I still holding out on not getting that blasted Valve job!

Best
Charlie

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well service light is back on again :(

any ideas based upon these codes?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if it is either the carbon issue, or a bad MAF...

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but what exactly is MAF?

Actually the light went off so its correcting almost daily too....I thought about simply bad gas but I have been using 93 octane from Citgo last go around.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
MAF = Mass Air Flow Sensor, after the air filter, just before the engine...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
aftermarket = no, used =yes, easy to install.... 5 minutes. I would just hate for you to buy one, and it not be the issue though.... they are not cheap. For the money it would almost be cheap to find a good LR Tech and offer him some money on the side to look this issue over.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atlantic British sells for less than 1/2 of your dealer's price.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4