"Service Required" alert in my display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds right, but I believe it only works for 2014s and later. 2013s and earlier can only be reset via diagnostic tool.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, makes sense. I am trying it on my 2012 not the 2016. I guess that leaves me with a trip to the dealership?

Could my VagCom clear the codes? (It has a generic OBDII code reader built in and reset tool in it despite being specifically for *** products.)

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposedly the the proper method below will reset the reminder however I have never had the ability to make it work. Any other way without purchasing an IIDT or similar?

• Turn the ignition on
  • Open the hood
  • Open the drivers door
  • Turn the ignition key to position II, If your car has push-button start, press and hold the ” Start” for two seconds without touching the brake pedal.
  • Next, simultaneously press the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal and hold for a minimum of 10 seconds, until a “SERVICE RESETTING.” message shows on the instrument cluster display.
  • Turn the ignition off and back on
  • If the message is not cleared, repeat the process
I can confirm this procedure resets MY 2015 service indicator message.

For those with older models, it's just plain silly of LR to not allow owners the ability to reset this message.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine on since it had 15k miles on it as i've been servicing it myself since then. That message doesn't even bother me anymore.

SantaAna7

Reaction score
I believe it turned off on my MY2013 after I upgraded my battery to an AGM and performed a hard reset (shorting out the battery cables after disconnecting them from the battery.) Seemed to have worked for the battery reset too since the charging levels are at the AGM voltage levels. It came back on after a time interval since I still haven't reached any mileage interval.
I got the suggestion from the Disco3 UK forum. It didn't wipe my radio, Nav or seat programming.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been coming on for the past 6 years.

LOL, mine won't go away either. The ***** of it for me is that I have an IIDTool married to mine, it just can't seem to reset it. I can reset the warning on the wife's vehicle (for which the IIDTool can only do that and a couple of other things like pairing key fobs,) but it won't do it on mine. The IIDTool folks can't figure out why, so I just don't look at the center display for the first two seconds after starting it and it isn't my problem.

kennyao3001

Reaction score
LOL, mine won't go away either. The ***** of it for me is that I have an IIDTool married to mine, it just can't seem to reset it. I can reset the warning on the wife's vehicle (for which the IIDTool can only do that and a couple of other things like pairing key fobs,) but it won't do it on mine. The IIDTool folks can't figure out why, so I just don't look at the center display for the first two seconds after starting it and it isn't my problem.

Too bad you are so far away. I have the bearmach dealer level tool that can reset this service light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick