She is Gone!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDM3

Reaction score
Well as of Monday I traded my ''02 Freelander on a 2000 BMW X5. It was having an issue witht he AC, it would run warm, cold, hot, warm, etc, the shop diagnosed it as a cracked overflow tank, apparently that is common for that model and LR updated the design, but after they replaced that it started leaking antifreeze like crazy, I took it in Monday and they said the head gasket was blown, so bye bye it went, it also had 3 codes pop up after the tank replacement, one had to do with a valve or something be always open, plus the dcontrol unit was not working, the front defroster light would not come on, they replaced it but it only got power to the switch and did not fix the issue, so it was time to dump and run!

I just happened to look on Saturday at the local Mercedes dealer and they had the X5, 69k miles sport package, magnolia red, it is sweet.

I had fun in the LR but I was not about to put out the money for the head gasket, who knows what other issues were going to pop up, if i ever get another LR I will be sure to come by and post.

The only thing i have left are the OEM black floor mats, but they will go on enay here soon.

Thanks!!!

Here is a photo from the dealer....

7603404423.246405353.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking X5, I hope you enjoy.

Shermie

Reaction score
Smart move! What a nice BMW. You have a real car now. Forget the past now and enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM