Should I Be Afraid To Buy 2006 Lr3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

daytomann

Yeah, I have been freaked out today by reading some of the "problem" posts as well.
I should know better..I own two Triumph motorcycles. They have a poor reliablity stigma but its because unhappy people are always way more vocal about problems than the many, many, many more happy people with trouble free or mostly trouble free bikes. The same goes with anything else....I'll try not to stay freaked out over some of the LR3 problem posts......LOL
Like I said in another thread, before I purchase I'm gonna do a little more research and have a good talk with my delership..with both sales and service department about these issues I'm hearing about.

C

capthook

So many un-decided LR3 buyers look at the LR3 trouble forums, and get cold feet on their purchase. WHY? These are just posts from the small percentage that has problems, it's actually a pretty well built truck.

If it comes with a warranty, because you ARE buying new -- who cares if something might go? if she breaks, let LR fix it and give you a new LR to drive while it's being done. That's what the warranty is for.

seannymurrs

Reaction score
I know this is a dead post that I'm resurrecting, however for some reason I can't create a new thread and this is the most relevant thread I could find to add to. I'm in the market for a new vehicle, and have always been interested in Land Rovers. I found a 2006 LR3 SE for sale (I'll post the autotrader link at the bottom so you can see the exact vehicle). Anyway, my question is whether or not it would be a smart move to purchase this vehicle. I have a few concerns. Firstly, I've heard that Land Rover's can have some reliability issues. I know that anything you read online is usually blown out of proportion, however I wanted to know if there was anything I should be on the lookout for. Secondly, the number of miles is a little concerning. I would be financing this car, so it would need to at the very least last me another 5 years. I don't drive a ridiculous amount (average 10k-12k a year), would it be likely that I would have any major issues during that time? Thirdly, how does that price look? I know nothing about Land Rover pricing, so am not sure if that's a good price or not. Edmunds.com seems to think it is, but I've found sometimes their estimates can be a little off. I appreciate any and all advise I can get, and thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

pheoniX

Reaction score
If you can't decide weather you have to purchase a vehicle or not, the best option is to seek for professional advises. You can look at the dealership in Ford Spokane WA. I, personally, prefer car dealership rather than a private seller because it is way much better and for that reason I always recommend it to others.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut