Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rt10516

Reaction score
Thanks! I am running the Front Runner. It is OK, I would explore other options as well before getting this one. The price was nice but the installation was less than straightforward. I also heard they rust prematurely although mine is still good.

Thanks for the quick reply. The other option I am considering is the one from Lucky8 that has the extra step at the bottom (stirrup). I want to keep the ladder on the driver's side. Are you aware of any other options? Thanks

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the ladder on the driver's side.

I know you wanted to keep it on the driver's side but I just installed the Bearmach option that goes on the passenger side. No drilling or removal of body parts is required. It hooks around the top and bottom edge of the uppper gate. I was surprised how sturdy it felt after I tightened everything down.

If I could have found an OEM ladder I would have gone through the hassles of mounting it. I would have preferred it over this aftermarket option. But OEM ladders are impossible to find now and I like the look and the (current) sturdiness of this minor mod.

03092B5E-E331-4F6C-81C1-31AD1FA3A621.jpg

rt10516

Reaction score
Hi cperez. Thanks for the picture. I thought about that one and saw the installation video online. Looks like a very simple install but I want to keep it on the driver's side. btw, after a year+ of using the Rhino Hitch I still love it....thanks for your info when I was considering it...appreciate your input. I still need to cut out the cover....looks much cleaner per your picture.

rt10516

Reaction score
I wonder if Frontrunner changed the materials....their website says the ladder is made out of 304 stainless steel, electroplated and powder coated so I wouldn't think it would rust so badly. The other ladder I'm considering is from Voyager. It has a good price point of $249.

Untitled.jpg

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tailgate photo explains why my rearview camera stopped working and had to be replaced. Technician said it was ruined by leaking water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA