Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spizzi, beautiful LUX you got there. Welcome to the co-dependent mod addiction support group.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spizzi, beautiful LUX you got there. Welcome to the co-dependent mod addiction support group.
Haha! You are so right! I don't drink or smoke, but this is a more expensive addiction! :)

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha! You are so right! I don't drink or smoke, but this is a more expensive addiction! :)

Same here. I hardly drink, no smoking, drugs, gambling, not much of a social life either (young kids will do that to you), but cars are a pricey hobby.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. I hardly drink, no smoking, drugs, gambling, not much of a social life either (young kids will do that to you), but cars are a pricey hobby.
Especially items for the LR4! I just wish I had better fabrication/mechanical skills. I really envy folks who are great at this stuff.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shovel

I got my shovel mounted yesterday - bad photo, but looks great. Most importantly, useful. Last time I went off-roading I actually used it.

A0-DAC84967BF79-10231-00000A9554049399_zpsc768348e.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you pick the shovel? I may try and find a steel one. Just using shovels around my property, they never seem strong enough. I'm always breaking them while prying plants out of the ground and such. Might try and find an all steel compact one for the rover. Never know what ill need it for, so want something strong.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also had another question. What crossbars do you use on your rack? I need something that works with my voyager rack.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you pick the shovel? I may try and find a steel one. Just using shovels around my property, they never seem strong enough. I'm always breaking them while prying plants out of the ground and such. Might try and find an all steel compact one for the rover. Never know what ill need it for, so want something strong.
I actually have a couple shovels, but they are nothing special. I have a military folding shovel that is actually extremely strong, but have that in my Pelican box. This one is an OK shovel, works well for the type of soil/sand at Hollister Hills SVRA. If I were going to some other places, I may replace it with a stronger steel shovel.

If you find a good steel one, let me know!!! I will get it too!

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also had another question. What crossbars do you use on your rack? I need something that works with my voyager rack.
I use the Thule crossbars that have straps for bars. The ones you see in the photo work on the Voyager rack, as I had them on my Voyager half-rack on my old LR4.

These are the feet (they just tighten on the bars - work awesome):

http://www.rei.com/product/710446/thule-crossroad-railing-foot-pack

I also have the Thule bars (I had to cut some off the end):

http://www.rei.com/product/490020/thule-58-inch-load-bars-pair

Just make sure they come with the end caps - mine did.

I am very impressed with how well these fit. I don't use them to carry weight, but I have my two Pelican boxes wedged between them, bolted to them, and then just-in-case ratched strapped. Works great.

Here is a shot from above:

95CC-F1C39A29B567-214-000000088080D76B_zpsf92455e8.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think they would hold weight? I need something that could hold a roof top tent.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635