Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real-world update: The LR4 is great for hauling your cycling team. 5 dudes, 5 bikes, and one 4-bike carrier (the 5th bike had its wheels removed with frame and wheelset sitting on top of the bags in the back).

IMAG0952_zps714d2fe4.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Real-world update: The LR4 is great for hauling your cycling team. 5 dudes, 5 bikes, and one 4-bike carrier (the 5th bike had its wheels removed with frame and wheelset sitting on top of the bags in the back).

IMAG0952_zps714d2fe4.jpg
Very cool! Looks like an Evoque next to you.

Funny... I just drove a friend of mine to a bike event last Sunday (in the SF bay area) and saw a white Evoque there as well. His bike fit in my back quite well - it was the first cargo I had since picking up my 2013 the day before.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has done nothing but rain for a long time now... and im lazy.. so excuse the messy garage.

Got my Rack installed, and Ladder... also playing with the farmtek flat floor. Works well, but i probably wont leave the floor on.

s_dfbca3ce-8d5e-4933-a3ca-3654397fa409-0.png

s_bc0daf7f-0a3a-42b5-b8fd-78e5d688a261-0.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has done nothing but rain for a long time now... and im lazy.. so excuse the messy garage.

Got my Rack installed, and Ladder... also playing with the farmtek flat floor. Works well, but i probably wont leave the floor on./quote]

Hey mbw,

Looks great! I can't wait to get my roof rack, ladder, and sliders installed next Saturday. Is that a low profile rack (I know you mentioned it, sorry I forgot)?

I love the Farmtek flooring - works so well. I kept mine on all the time, but it is easy to put on and off as needed. It looks like you only used two pieces. I would assume you can't put it toward the front if you want to use your sun roof. I actually wish my sun roof didn't open - hahaha! :)

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got my Rack installed, and Ladder... also playing with the farmtek flat floor. Works well, but i probably wont leave the floor on./quote]

Hey mbw,

Looks great! I can't wait to get my roof rack, ladder, and sliders installed next Saturday. Is that a low profile rack (I know you mentioned it, sorry I forgot)?

I love the Farmtek flooring - works so well. I kept mine on all the time, but it is easy to put on and off as needed. It looks like you only used two pieces. I would assume you can't put it toward the front if you want to use your sun roof. I actually wish my sun roof didn't open - hahaha! :)

It is actually Expat's low profile voyager rack and voyager ladder. I only put two pieces for now. If I wanted more I would need to modify some panels, which would be easy, just haven't done it yet. Two panels provides plenty of useful space.

I am seriously considering the new voyager wind fairing. The Thule I got from Expat works, but im not sure I like the look of it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is actually Expat's low profile voyager rack and voyager ladder. I only put two pieces for now. If I wanted more I would need to modify some panels, which would be easy, just haven't done it yet. Two panels provides plenty of useful space.

I am seriously considering the new voyager wind fairing. The Thule I got from Expat works, but im not sure I like the look of it.
Ah yes... Now I remember you bought Expat's rack/ladder.

I do hear good things about the new fairing.

Did you get to see my new LR4?

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Looks like an Evoque next to you.

Funny... I just drove a friend of mine to a bike event last Sunday (in the SF bay area) and saw a white Evoque there as well. His bike fit in my back quite well - it was the first cargo I had since picking up my 2013 the day before.

Yep, that was an Evoque. Kind of funny that he ended up parking next to me. Not sure if he had to take off a wheel or two to get his bike in the back, but I kind of doubt it. Did your friend have to lose a wheel for it to fit?

avraja

Reaction score
Nice to meet you! Do you have any interest in off roading? I am part of the Northern CA Land Rover club and it's a lot of fun. There are lots of different activities, but a few of them meet the first Saturday of each month at Hollister Hills SVRA.

I would love to be part of the group. Let me know how I can sign up for this club ?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that was an Evoque. Kind of funny that he ended up parking next to me. Not sure if he had to take off a wheel or two to get his bike in the back, but I kind of doubt it. Did your friend have to lose a wheel for it to fit?
Hey GoLoaf,

Nope. His big cross country bike (he rode it across the US and Canada) fit fine with the seats down. So funny that the Evoque parked next to you because a white Evoque also parked next to me when I was unloading his bike. His was also Fuji White like my new LR4.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to be part of the group. Let me know how I can sign up for this club ?
Sure thing! Where are you located? I am in San Carlos. The club has various events - from wild to very mild. I take it pretty easy on the trails myself. Here is more information on the NCLR:

http://nclrclub.org/forum/content.php

You are welcome to join us at the monthly Hollister event - it's free and open to everyone. If you really like it, then joining is $60 per year. They have a wide range of activities and trips planned, but I typically don't get to go on many.

If you are interested in the July gathering at Hollister, let me know.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4