Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great photos - looks like a lot of fun. I have never been to a dealer-sponsored outing, but am thinking about it the next time I get the invitation.

Thanks! It was the first opportunity I had to take the LR4 out on the trail, and I figured doing it under a little dealer guidance would be helpful. We all had two-way radios, and they did a lot of explaining about the vehicles' features, when to be in low, high, manual shifting, the works. And the trail we did was rated "Difficult" by at least two reputable 4x4 groups in Colorado. There were 20 of us, so the pace was fairly slow. The dealer guys also brought in lunch. Bonus!

David, you seem to know plenty about how your truck works, so if you go, you might just want to bring your patience hat. Best part would probably be getting to meet some other Landy enthusiasts. And the free lunch.

TXROVR

Reaction score
Txrovr

Just pulled the trigger on Orkney ’13 LR4. Must admit , the ride on this thing is flawless. This forum is a great resource, and I need to jump around and get some recs on what 19 inch tires would be good to replace the factory Continentals.

Attachments

• LR1.jpg
    LR1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 626
  • LR2.jpg
    LR2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 618

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It was the first opportunity I had to take the LR4 out on the trail, and I figured doing it under a little dealer guidance would be helpful. We all had two-way radios, and they did a lot of explaining about the vehicles' features, when to be in low, high, manual shifting, the works. And the trail we did was rated "Difficult" by at least two reputable 4x4 groups in Colorado. There were 20 of us, so the pace was fairly slow. The dealer guys also brought in lunch. Bonus!

David, you seem to know plenty about how your truck works, so if you go, you might just want to bring your patience hat. Best part would probably be getting to meet some other Landy enthusiasts. And the free lunch.
I think that is the main reason why I haven't gone, as it is a LOT of training and talking about the truck. While I am very happy to hear it and will learn new things, I know I would become a bit impatient. I used the certificate I received when I bought my last LR4 at the Land Rover Experience school in Carmel, CA and it was a lot of fun, but man, I just wanted to drive and not hear anymore! :)

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is our "Swagon"

Biltmore Forest Land Rover driving area, owners day. We did the regular school prior to this day so we had better appreciation of what the LR4 could do.

The last one is the Rig ready for vacation.

IMG_3214 small.jpg

IMG_3218small.jpg

IMG_3228small.jpg

IMG_3019small.jpg

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on Orkney ’13 LR4. Must admit , the ride on this thing is flawless. This forum is a great resource, and I need to jump around and get some recs on what 19 inch tires would be good to replace the factory Continentals.

Very nice!

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love that place! Definitely interesting trails, hate the fee.....

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here she is: 2013 HSE LUX Corris Gray

Brand new and only 48 hours old :)

Accessories on my mind....

Attachments

• 352G1429.jpg
    352G1429.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 95
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG