Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent now that I did away with the gap between the light and rack. When I first installed the light, it left a 3/4" gap that caused the most ungodly whistling that was deafening. I cut down a piece of L aluminum stock to mount in between and that has made it extremely quiet.

Nas, can you post a close up picture of the modification you did on your mount for you light bar. I just had one installed and i have the same ungodly whistling noise you had before.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nas, can you post a close up picture of the modification you did on your mount for you light bar. I just had one installed and i have the same ungodly whistling noise you had before.

Here you go. Note I haven't painted it yet as trying to decide if I will go black or keep it silver or white as it blends in. You can buy some stock from Lowes or HD, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 113

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty freaking cool NAS. I've always wondered where and how you route the wires for lights like that. Is it a permanent mount, or temporary?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '12 HSE with HD package, cameras, and pretty much everything except the lux (which I wish I had gone for). Hidden warn zeon 10K winch in winch tray in the front, Devon 4x4 skid plates, tactical rover rock sliders and gas tank skid, front runner rack, Kaymar rear bumper with tire mount, Kenwood 2M radio with APRS, britpart rod lift, a bunch of other interior mods (luggage partition, 12v ports, etc). Tires are 275/55R20 with a 3/4" spacer.

Thanks for the list, including the tire size. What brand and model of tires are those? What a great setup!
:driver:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty freaking cool NAS. I've always wondered where and how you route the wires for lights like that. Is it a permanent mount, or temporary?

Thanks again, I routed them up the pillar, under the last and then under the trim piece on the roof. For me it is removable.

mr.t

Reaction score
New boy here.

LR4 Nara Bronze, freshly plastidipped! (wheels, grill and vents)
..may have to go permanant

IMG_0991_zps5k1to9ew.jpg

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '12 HSE with HD package, cameras, and pretty much everything except the lux (which I wish I had gone for). Hidden warn zeon 10K winch in winch tray in the front, Devon 4x4 skid plates, tactical rover rock sliders and gas tank skid, front runner rack, Kaymar rear bumper with tire mount, Kenwood 2M radio with APRS, britpart rod lift, a bunch of other interior mods (luggage partition, 12v ports, etc). Tires are 275/55R20 with a 3/4" spacer.

Nice. I have a lux 11 with everything but the HD. Couldn't find one with HD so I just pulled the trigger. Just put on 275 Terra's on my 20s as well.

Going with a front runner rack as well. How was the install?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I have a lux 11 with everything but the HD. Couldn't find one with HD so I just pulled the trigger. Just put on 275 Terra's on my 20s as well.

Going with a front runner rack as well. How was the install?

Install was pretty easy but I had a considerable amount of leftover hardware. Not sure why they include so much. I'd suggest using some blue painters tape along the roof edges on the drip channel when putting the rails onto the roof mounts to prevent a slip and scrape of paint.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM