SIde of drivers seat wearing/peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tan seats and there is a "run" along outside of drivers seat where leather has worn thru. Looks bad. ANyone have this problem and successful patching or fixing?

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto....I've noticed wear on my drivers seat in the same area. I was going to address it before the warranty is up. If you are no longer under warranty an auto leather / upholstry shop can usually do wonders. I'd suggest they add some extra support to bolster the side and prevent it happening again.

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ewwwwww....that's not good to hear. the same thing happened to the dodge I had before this and I had hoped I left that problem behind when I moved to the LR3. Guess I'll just keep treating the seats religiously and hope that if I keep it up w/ the conditioner, I can stay ahead of the cracking.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tan seats and there is a "run" along outside of drivers seat where leather has worn thru. Looks bad. ANyone have this problem and successful patching or fixing?

how long have you had it and did you use conditioners and cleaners regularly?

mine is now 18 months and all is well.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 with alpaca leather is 3 years and 4 mos old (53,000 miles); I have treated it every 2-3 mos with the 2 step Zymol cleaner and conditioner. No problems so far, which I attribute to the Zymol products. Of course, my leather is the early, non-"premium" leather, which appears to be tougher; the car is garaged between uses; and no driver weighs more than 180 lbs.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually just got the car used. the dealer or prior owner must have covered it with some sort of paint like stuff that is now fully worn off. the run is at the flex point where the seat bends as you enter and exit. what is weird is that once the tan covering wears off, underneath is a whiteish/clear looking plastic surface which is ugly to look at. so i wonder about the quality of the leather seat and it it is just a "leather covering".

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is this "run" on the seat surface type leather or the slightly fuzzy/suede-like side of your seat?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9