Simple Maintenance question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
I have an 06 LR3 HSE, mostly city driving (I'm the only owner).
It has 135K miles.
I've kept up on the maintenance, but at about 115K, the dealer recommended a mini-overhaul. I don't remember everything it included, but it was things like transmission maintenance, etc. But in the same breath with the recommendation he also said it's expensive ($1.5K - 2K?), and not immediately required. So I chose option B... basic maintenance.
I don't pretend to know a lot about cars. I usually lease or sell. But I like this one.

What really needs to be done, and can I go anywhere?

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should do it yourself. There is plenty of information on this and other forums that can help you through most of the maintenance.
At 105k you should if you haven't yet change the oil in your front and back diffs. and also your transmission oil. Every 75,000 miles. Also you should get the new breather cap for the front diff. I've included a maintenance sheet below. Hope this helps out. :)

Attachments

• ABPLIT1050-1.jpg
    ABPLIT1050-1.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 47
  • ABPLIT1050-2.jpg
    ABPLIT1050-2.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 50

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your actual question, I'd find out what all is included in this service. If it includes tranny fluid, diff fluids, engine oil, fuel system treatment then that's getting into the "reasonable price" ballpark. I say "yes" it needs to be done, and "no" you can't go anywhere.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
Thank you both for the help. Since the car was under warranty until 100K, I will look back and see what was done and if the dealer did what it was supposed to do...

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find an indipendant workshop to do it for $1/2 the price.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112