Slow Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jomalo

Reaction score
More than likely it's as good as it gets. In my case they installed an update on my car (a 2012 LR4) about a 1.5 months ago when I complained about the laggy interface and varying fuel indicator readings while going uphill and downhill (that issue still persists).

If anything, give them a call and see if there's an update to the software for your vehicle (just like any other software, they go through several versions based on known bugs and user feedback).

Would be interesting to see if there's an aftermarket upgrade available to vehicle computers in the same way that you can upgrade a PC. (?)

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 is only a few months old. I cant imagine it needs software? It's every bit as slow as everyone else's it seems.

2013 is WAY faster than pre 13's, but still some parts of the nav are slow.

it's never really bugged me though, other than the address input.

First thing I did was turn off the volume display UI, because it causes lag.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 is WAY faster than pre 13's, but still some parts of the nav are slow.

it's never really bugged me though, other than the address input.

First thing I did was turn off the volume display UI, because it causes lag.
I can attest that the system is a LOT faster on my 2013 than on my 2011. I also turned off the volume display as well.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you turn off the volume display? I can't seem to find it in the IIDtool menu.

mloyche

Reaction score
I dropped by the dealer the other day. Nothing they can do. We jumped into a brand new LR4. Just as slow.
I can live with it. Just a bit annoying and if it could be fixed, then why not :)

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find the LR4 nav so bad compared to any other vehicle I've ever had---i rarely use it--i use my iPhone most of the time rather

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone figures out how to set the nav volume level to a steady volume level on the 2010-2012 units, please let me know. If I set a nav volume and change the music volume, the next voice prompt is multiplied in volume (which is pointless since it mutes the music anyway). Anyway, I'm sick of it yelling at me, so I drive around with the voice guidance off and miss my turns. But it's still better than getting yelled at :wink: By the way, this is not a defect... they are all like this, as far as I know.

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone figures out how to set the nav volume level to a steady volume level on the 2010-2012 units, please let me know. If I set a nav volume and change the music volume, the next voice prompt is multiplied in volume (which is pointless since it mutes the music anyway). Anyway, I'm sick of it yelling at me, so I drive around with the voice guidance off and miss my turns. But it's still better than getting yelled at :wink: By the way, this is not a defect... they are all like this, as far as I know.

I do the same. No voice... missed turns... Unless I'm in the mood to get yelled at by a crazy Brit ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM